Please sign in to post.

BOE June 5, 2016

Anyone else on this tour? For those who have already been, how are the blow dryers in the hotels? Do all of the hotels have them? I don't care if they are weak ( I have thin hair) but I don't want to pack one if I don't need to. It is a little scary to go without one. We did the best of Turkey tour this past fall and I never used the one I took.

We will be flying into Haarlem from LAX on June 1. We are not staying at the tour hotel but will be nearby.

Posted by
13808 posts

I took this tour in the Fall of 2014 and it was fabulous. I am still in touch with about a dozen tour members via FB.

Altho I have wash and wear hair, lol, there were hairdryers in every hotel room. Some were pretty weak as I sometimes used them to give my sink-washed clothes a drying boost.

Have a wonderful time!

Posted by
1200 posts

I went on the BOE 14 day tour in September 2014 and I do recall that the hotels do have blowdryers. But the RS tours don't always use the exact same hotels every year. They do change the hotels. I would look at the hotel list when you receive it and then look at the hotel websites and see what they offer. They will say if they have a blowdryer in the room. Also if you don't bring one, you could buy one in the city your in. I have taken 13 RS tours and bought mine on a Florence week long tour and take it every time I go to Europe now. Plus, I hate the hotel hairdryers because I find sometimes the wire is not long enough. I am 5'1" so it is hard for me. I bought my curling iron in Paris one time. Carry that with me too. So if you are in need you could buy it there.

But I would look at the hotel websites first, before making my decision. Hope this helps. It is a wonderful trip, have a great time!!!

Posted by
544 posts

If there isn't a dryer in the room, they usually have them at the front desk.

Posted by
2065 posts

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to travel with next to nothing! I will probably leave it home.
I am sure we will enjoy the tour. Yes, it would be great fun to have Rick Steves as our guide

Posted by
119 posts

We have been on 9 RS tours and as soon as I know which hotels we are staying in we look them up online. If it doesn't say
they have a hair dryer in the the room or available at the desk I e-mail the hotel and ask what the situation is. One time they asked if I wanted to reserve a hair dryer and pick it up at the desk and I said yes. As soon as I walked in and they gave me a key they also gave me the hair dryer. I have a very small travel hair dryer but I also like to pack light and prefer to not take it.