Please sign in to post.

BOE in 21 Days - Sept. 8 - 28, 2015 - Who's In ?

Hello everyone.

My name is Debra and I just booked myself on this tour. It appears to be almost sold out ! At 60 years young, I'm ready to travel and explore all the places I've never been.....

I'm wondering if there are any other solo travelers on this trip.... If so, please write and let's share our plans and excitement together !

Thanks, and let's get this party started !

Debra

Posted by
333 posts

Don't be discouraged if you don't meet any fellow tour-mates here (although you sure might). I too am a solo traveler on the BOE 21 Day tour in early May. I had hoped to meet some fellow tour members too- as our dates have been sold out for months- but no luck for me. However, I've got to meet a lot of great people who have already taken the tour and who will be taking the tour this year. It's so exciting, isn't it? Are you planning any pre or post tour days? Did you apply for the single supplement, or will you be having a surprise roomie? I paid for the ss...

We're gonna have a great time!
Lisa

Posted by
13905 posts

Debra, I agree with Lisa! Altho one of the BOE tours has several people on it who frequent this forum, my experience is that a majority of the folks on the RS tours I have taken have never heard of the forums!

On the other hand, I had the very best time on my BOE last Fall. Really! I think about it every. single. day. I think about the things I saw, the things we did, my guide Dimitri, my fellow tour members, everything!

I encourage you to budget in money to do every optional thing your guide suggests. Ours set up gondola rides and yes as a solo traveler I did it along with all the other solo women! We had a great time. Make sure you do the optional excursion up the Schilthorn in Switzerland as it was the best day ever. I live near mountains and this took my breath away. Do any and all extra wine tastings. Do any and all extra dinners.

You may have done some solo tours before, if not I did add a few suggestions for solo travelers in my trip report on this Tour forum.

Will you be going a few days ahead of time? I really recommend that if you can manage it. I also recommend staying at least the night before the tour at the tour hotel in Haarlem.

Posted by
985 posts

Hi Debra!

Nope - not booked on your tour. We have booked the last tour of the season. In hind sight it would have been neat to get on here, meet other travelers, and all book the same tour. Your tour is still in the distance so hopefully others who sign up for the same trip will jump on the forum and respond to your post. I hope you have a fantastic time on your tour!

Nance