Please sign in to post.

Best of the Adriatic??

I have taken RS Best of Europe (21 days) and have traveled extensively in Europe on my own. I would like to take another RS tour and I am considering the Best of the Adriatic. Could I get some input from people who have taken the Adriatic tour?? Thanks!

Posted by
172 posts

We took the tour in Sept. of 2017. It was our 5th RS tour. It was outstanding. Our guide, Dariya was tops. The highlights were many.
Lake Bled, the winding trip over the Julian Alps, and the WW I sight of Hemingway fame. That was just in Slovenia! Down the coast through Croatia was beautiful, sights many, and the food, for our tastes, was the best we had experienced in Europe. Plitvice Lakes a natural highlight. Split and the Islands of Hvar and the "vacation" stay on Korcula relaxing, giving us time to take a dip in the Adriatic, a bonus. The trip to Bosnia-Herzagovina was a RS moment, forcing us out of our tourist comfort zone, into a sobering look at what ethnic wars can do to decent people. Our guide helped us immensely, as we wanted to substitute an afternoon in Medjagore, for the group tour of Mostar, she lined us up with a great driver who also acted as a guide, even though it wasn't his job. On to Dubrovnik and great times in the walled city. We stayed a few extra days on our own. We did not get to Kotor, if we had stayed longer we would have done so. checking the Best of the Adriatic Tour, it seems to have grown tremendously in popularity, for us, it is easy to see why. Go for it! Hank, Novato, CA

Posted by
9 posts

Liz, thanks! I have read the reviews. Everyone seems thrilled with the tour. Planning to go this summer, end of August. May be a bit warm, but I’m from Arizona, so I’m used to very hot temperatures! 😎

Posted by
3961 posts

I echo the sentiments up thread. We took the tour last September. Our tour guide was Marijan. Another fabulous RS guide. We spent a week in Venice prior to the tour and did the convenient GoOpti shared shuttle to Ljubljana. We spent 2 extra nights at Mescanka Apartments on the river. WONDERFUL!! Ljubljana is our newest favorite city in Europe. The old world charm is magical. Our favorite restaurant was Julija. We ate their 3 times! Have to say The Best of the Adriatic was one of our top RS Tours.

Posted by
185 posts

You're going to love it!! I did the tour last June and fell in love with that part of the world. Split is now competing for my favorite city. You'll have lots of good swimming opportunities that time of year too!

Posted by
32206 posts

I'd also highly recommend that tour as it covers a lot of interesting locations. As with all RS tours, you'll dine well on the Adriatic tour. My favourite location was Korčula and I would have liked to spend a few more days there. I especially enjoyed the stop in Mostar, and found that part of the tour very moving.

Posted by
3961 posts

I will also add to Ken's comments-- Korcula was our favorite island. Wished we could have stayed another night! Lovely island and unpretentious. We will never forget Mostar.