Please sign in to post.

Best of Spain in 14 Days: Meals

The tour includes breakfasts and (7) seven dinners to be exact. So how were these? Did you find them just acceptable, good, better than good, or outstanding? How would you rate the food fare? Thanks!

Posted by
46 posts

I thought the food was great. Spanish food can be heavy on meats, including jamon and other cured meats, but I thought the food was even better than what we had on an RS Italy tour. Importantly, there was plenty of wine too. Our guide was a wonderful guy, and actually later earned his Spanish sommelier certification, so he really knew Spanish wine, and exposed us to a lot of variety. The most memorable meal we shared was roast suckling pig in Segovia. The presentation/theater of it was a lot of fun.

Posted by
2324 posts

I took this tour in 2010 with guide Helen Inman. She had excellent taste in restaurants and I loved nearly all of the group dinners. Tapas in Barcelona, roast pig in Segovia, a wonderful meal with a scenic view in Granada. The only meals that were so-so were in Morocco, but the tour no longer goes there. On our tour the meals included wine (may not be the case any more). If you're a foodie or have picky tastes you can venture out on your own on the other nights and find something spectacular. I pretty much ate my way through Spain, the food (and wine) was fabulous.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you for your input on food! We really appreciate your information. Having really good food is important to us!