Please sign in to post.

Best of Southern Italy- Who's starting this on 31 August 2019?

Hello, travelers!

My husband Brian and I are excited to be taking this tour in just a few weeks with Ann Long as our tour guide. For our free day in Sorrento, I've booked a tour to Capri with Rick's recommended tour company, Mondo Guide at https://www.sharedtours.com. So far we are the only two on that tour which requires six to go. Why not join us?

Looking forward to being in Italy soon and meeting you all.
- Cheers! Polly

Posted by
454 posts

I'm not going on that tour but just had a comment. We'll be in Sorrento next spring with another couple and we want to do the Rick Steves shared tour to Capri with Mondo Guide too. I emailed the company to ask a little more about how this works. They did confirm that if advance sign ups don't result in meeting the minimum, but those who DO sign up are willing to cover the cost as if they had gotten the minimum, the tour will be taken. So the four of us are satisfied that we'll be able to go because we're willing to pay for the missing two people if it comes down to that. The cost seems quite reasonable compared to other tour companies who offer day trips to Capri. I'm sure some people in your tour group will want to do this with you, even if they don't see this post and don't learn about it until your tour starts. Hopefully it won't be full, leaving them disappointed they didn't learn about it earlier.

Posted by
106 posts

Thanks for your comments, and I agree, Vickie! I suspect that in the next 5-6 weeks others will join the Mondo tour. There's also time after we meet up in Rome for tour mates to make arrangements. Don't know that we could swing paying for the whole boat ourselves, but with four of you, that's a good back-up plan. It sounds like a very good way to see Capri from Sorrento!

Posted by
317 posts

I won't be on this tour with you, but just adding my two cents. This tour was our first introduction to touring with RS. It is still one of my favorite travel experiences! The itinerary is wonderful and you will be very hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable, helpful, caring guide. She added so much to a fantastic experience!!!

Posted by
106 posts

Thanks, for your comment, Pat. We had a wonderful introduction to Italy last year with Lisa Anderson on the Heart of Italy tour. We can't wait to return!