Please sign in to post.

Best of Scotland Tour June 26-July 5, 2019 Anyone?

We are booked on this tour--our first time in Scotland--and we're very excited. Is anyone else booked on this tour yet?

Serena

Posted by
1259 posts

I’m doing that program in early April, 2019, first one of the year. You might post in the Scotland destination forum. Happy travels.

Posted by
13934 posts

I enjoyed this tour this past June so I know you’ll both have a great time.

I do suggest you both have a waterproof (not water resistant) jacket with a hood. There were a couple of people on my tour that tried to manage with either ponchos or umbrellas and they were useless in the Scottish wind. This was the only tour out of 10 RS tours where on one day I wished for waterproof pants. The guide had them, but I didn’t. I’d probably not waste the weight, but it was a very wet day on Mull, Iona and back in Oban. I’d pack lightweight glove liners too.

For the April trip I’d consider taking a squishable puffy vest that will fit under your waterproof jacket. We didn’t need them in June but if it’s windy in April you might need the layer. If you don’t have one, Costco has an inexpensive one by the 32 Degrees brand that would work well. I think it was around $20.

I hope you are both planning at least a day ahead in Edinburgh. More is better as there is a lot to see!

Posted by
13934 posts

Serena, I'm glad it was helpful!

Here's a link to the Trip Report I did for the Scotland tour in case you want more information.

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/tours/tour-report-best-of-scotland-june-6-june-15-2018

I'll also say that I've found very few people on the trips who actually know about the forums so it won't be unusual for others not to post on your trip. I hope someone turns up! It just ups the excitement.