Please sign in to post.

Best of Rome 2022

My wife and I will be doing this tour starting April 24, 2022 and would love to hear from folks who have taken this tour. The website seems quite vague in some respects. Can anyone inform me what non breakfast meals are included? Also, how much spare time is available? I tried to find answers in the travel forum but there isn't a search function so I finally gave up after looking page by page.

Posted by
32 posts

Not in this case. I finally heard back from RS Tours and they are doing two dinners and two lunches.

Posted by
11179 posts

Not done that tour, but on days that 'lunch' was included, it was a full meal, and that evening I had no desire/need for a 'dinner'

(There is a gray search bar at the top of the page on the TOUR FORUM or TRAVEL FORUM page)

Posted by
32 posts

@ joe The gal from RS said the same thing!

Posted by
2186 posts

Have you checked any of the scrapbooks for this tour? If you click “Our Tours” there is a section for scrapbooks. It has a list of the 2019 scrapbooks but there is also a link to the archived scrapbooks and in 2018 there is one for that tour. There may be others in different years.

Posted by
1825 posts

Hi from Anoka. I took this tour at xmas 2008, but I don't think it has changed much. I'd be happy to meet you and your wife for coffee to discuss the trip and even bring my photo book. (Send me a private message if you are interested.) It was a great week. We basically spent one day in historic center to see Colosseum, Pantheon, etc, one day in Vatican City, one day going to Ostia Antica. One day we went to the Borghese. One luncheon included a cooking demonstration in the kitchen. I had a cappuccino every morning with my breakfast at the hotel. 1st evening we had a walk after dinner to the Trevi Fountain. Most day's activities ended early afternoon so there was always time to do things on your own. We didn't do the Trastevere day then and that area is still on my bucket list. It was a great trip. I have also taken the Sicily tour, the Venice, Florence and Rome tour and the Village Italy tour (my all time favorite.)

Posted by
15 posts

I took this tour in November 2015. Meals included were Opening Night meal, lunch the next day between Colosseum and Forum visits (though not advertised as an included meal), they were just transitioning from the cooking class (which they no longer have) to the Trastevere food crawl (which they currently have), so we got to do both, and the Last Night meal. We were really busy and only had evenings and the afternoon of the last day for free time, as I recall.

Posted by
585 posts

When I did the tour, about 8 years ago, we had three dinners, one the first night, at a restaurant close to the Pantheon, one at a Sicilian restaurant on a hill overlooking the city, the last one was the farewell dinner close to the hotel. Lunch was always on our own. At Ostia Antica we had lunch together in the on site cafe, paying for ourselves. lunch was usually something on the go….a panini, or a salad etc. The hotel we stayed at did not have a huge selection of restaurants close by but enough to provide a choice for evening meals. And a great gelato joint just up the street!

Posted by
20 posts

You always have the right to decide not to do one activity or another. I didn't fully participate in one event, as I knew it would trigger me (because I'd already experienced it). The group and tour leader were fully aware of this and they were all wonderfully supportative. On another tour, I was beyond bored with yet another museum and went off on my own. Again, no issues with the group or tour guide. Enjoy Rome!