Please sign in to post.

Best of Ireland tour

Has anyone on here taken the Best of Ireland this summer? If so what was your bus like? Did it have outlets for phone/tablet charging, WiFi, or any other extras? Over my 7 tours we have all of these on different tours.

I am on the BOI starting 9/13. Anyone else?

Posted by
549 posts

I would love to read a response to your question. I haven’t been on this tour yet. But I must say I don’t think that any of the tour buses of RS tours I’ve taken had places to charge, and definitely no WiFi.

Posted by
249 posts

We took two RS tours this past May (Scotland and South England,) and both had outlets at each seat to recharge our devices. We had wifi on one of the two tours but it wasn't stellar.

Posted by
26 posts

Hi, I was on the BOI tour in July. The bus seemed new and was very nice, with about 50 seats so there was room for everyone to spread out. I don't recall any electrical outlets but there were USB ports in the seat backs, however the charge from them seemed very slow. The bus had a bathroom in it but we were told on the first day it was for emergencies only since the driver had no way to empty the toilet while on the road. We had pit stops at stores/restaurants/gas stations about every 2 hours so I don't think anyone ever had to use it. No food or drinks (except water) were allowed on the bus so it stayed clean while we traveled.

Posted by
517 posts

We are on the heart of Ireland tour as I write this.
I have not seen any plugs ins to charge. The bus says it has WiFii on the front but we were never told and on our tour at least there has not been a lot of down time. I have a portable charger with me

Posted by
1 posts

We just came back from the Best of Ireland tour a few days ago. The bus had charging ports overhead at each seat, make sure your charging cord is longer. There was WiFi on the bus as well. Only issue was that you had to reconnect every time you got back on the bus, no auto reconnection. WiFi was spotty when we were in Northern Ireland. We had the same bus and driver throughout the whole tour. There is plenty of room on the bus to spread out. Enjoy, it is a wonderful tour.

Posted by
151 posts

I second Barb’s response! We were on the same tour, hey Barb! Our bus was very comfortable with plenty of room. Many couples chose to sit on opposite sides of the bus across from one another to be able to really spread out your gear “day pack, rain jacket” or nap. We charged our phones every time we got back on the bus and we felt comfortable leaving our belongings on the bus when we stopped for lunch or photo ops. When I was concerned about leaving my bag on the bus our driver said “not to worry, that she would lock up the bus if she left it.” Our driver was Pamela and she was so wonderful. Excellent driving skills, always friendly and added to Joe’s (our guide) commentary in a good way. You will love this tour!