Please sign in to post.

Best of Ireland 2024

We booked this tour beginning August 25th. I would love to hear from any of you that have gone on this tour previously. I did search around a bit but am hoping to get more information as to your opinion and experience. I would also love to hear the names of the hotels you stayed in.

Posted by
32 posts

I tried that already and found it to be less than helpful.

Posted by
219 posts

Did Best of Ireland in 2019. One of the best of the 9 RS tours we have taken. I don’t recall names of tour hotels, but they may have changed for 2024 anyway. What specific information are you looking for?

Posted by
1815 posts

Scott, have you looked at the scrapbooks under Tours? I have been on this tour and loved it. I live in the north Twin Cities. I would be willing to have a meet up maybe at a Caribou with you (and travel partner?) to show you my photobook on the trip and answer any questions I could.

Posted by
1815 posts

I have been on 8 Rick tours and am booked on Loire to South of France this year. I note you have done the Rome tour. I did that back in 2008 and was lucky enough to have Cecilia Bottai as my guide. It was Xmas week and most tourists were Italians.

Posted by
32 posts

Laurie Beth, I am in the scrapbook section and learning a great deal. My wife and I might want to chat with you. I'll touch bases with you later. We're leaving on a Viking River Cruise in two weeks.

Posted by
32 posts

Simpgolf, I am going to read through the scrapbooks first so I don't waste your time asking questions I can find answers to.

Posted by
1815 posts

Scott, I'll look forward to hearing from you. I, too, have taken a Viking River Cruise-from Amsterdam to Budapest. Loved river cruising.

Posted by
32 posts

Laura Beth, that's the cruise we take next month...so excited!

Posted by
665 posts

We did this tour a few years ago around the same time and felt it was one of the better ones. It’s a beautiful green country with lots of neat things to see and very friendly people. The hotels ranged like most RS tours from nice to average. I know we stayed at Buswells in Dublin and the Castlewood House in Dingle. I don’t remember the others but the hotels are not always the same anyway. You’ll be informed of your first and last when you register and the rest closer to your tour. Even that’s not always set in stone as we’ve had hotels changed on us in previous tours. I would be more concerned about making sure you have the right clothes. The chance that it will rain is pretty high so be prepared. I had a good raincoat, rain pants and a pair of waterproof Brooks and glad I did. Enjoy!

I’ll also add that most people we have talked to have really enjoyed this tour!

Posted by
12 posts

I loved, loved this trip! Declan was our main guide. I cried from the beauty Ireland offered. I recommend the Dingle Dolphin Boat ride! On our boat ride, we had an older man who had once lived on the Great Blasket Island. The boat ride took us here and we saw the lighthouse, etc. We got to see several whales and go into a cave!
What else do you want to know?

Posted by
12 posts

I’ll look back to see if I can find the names of the hotels.

Posted by
665 posts

Friar’s Lodge in Kinsale and I think the Europa in Belfast.