Please sign in to post.

Best of Berlin, Prauge & Vienna - June 17 to June 28, 2018 - Just booked!

I am so excited to be going on my first RS Tour! I have been a "rick-nic" for many years and always wanted to try out one of his tours. I have done quite a bit of independent Europe traveling but it will be nice to have someone else do the planning for a change. I have signed up as a single share and apparently I am the only one booked on this tour so far! Hoping to connect with others as people book this tour. After the tour finishes, I will be spending two weeks with family in Slovakia and a few days in Budapest before coming home. It is always great to have a trip to plan and look forward to!

Posted by
6291 posts

Good for you, Lindy! I agree; I am bereft if I don't have a tour to plan.

Posted by
2469 posts

Lindy,
I took this tour in June, 2015 and loved it. It is filled with interesting historical sites as well as art and culture and just plain fun. Plus, you will be with a group of friendly tour mates. I'm excited for you. And, you are staying on after to do more traveling.
I'm happiest when I have a trip or two on the calendar.

Posted by
3996 posts

I have signed up as a single share and apparently I am the only one
booked on this tour so far! Hoping to connect with others as people
book this tour.

The likelihood I would suspect is rare but what happens if not enough people book your tour? Let's say just 5 do. If they cancel your tour and you already had purchased airline tickets to the beginning of the tour and home from the end of the tour, do you lose that money or are you refunded for that?

Or do they encourage you to buy travel insurance after you book a tour in case they choose to cancel a tour? I don't know how this works. Thx.

Posted by
11294 posts

Continental: I believe Lindy means that she is the only single booked so far, not the only person. If she's the only single, that means she gets her own room without having to pay the single supplement.

Posted by
11 posts

I am really not worried about this tour date being cancelled - I think it's going to be a popular departure! I have noticed that many tour participants connect with each other through the tour forum beforehand. It would be nice to chat with people that I will be traveling with. Many months to go but this is such a great place to express excitement for travel!

Posted by
3996 posts

Thanks, Harold. I never saw that interpretation. Single supplements are killer. I'm still curious what would happen if one bought a spot on a tour early and then was notified that the tour is cancelled. What happens to the airfare paid for that tour?

Posted by
6291 posts

Continental, I don't remember specifics, but recently someone posted about this; their tour was canceled, and RSE helped out with airfare. I don't know that that's standard policy, but on the whole, they're good to work with.

And, if you bought your tickets with a credit card, there's a good chance trip cancellation insurance kicks in. Our Visa cards (supposedly) cover trip cancellations.

Posted by
11 posts

Thanks for the update! I did notice that this departure was filling fast. I'm not surprised - when I booked it I thought that it would be a popular time to go. I am looking forward to meeting all my fellow travelers - I am sure we will have a great time on this tour.
I have booked into the starting hotel for 2 nights before the tour begins. Now I am busy researching what is on during free evenings. There is an opera performance at the Vienna State Opera on June 26. I am planning to get a ticket. I've never been to an opera but for a first time, the Vienna State Opera looks like a good idea!

Posted by
2469 posts

Lindy,
I took this tour in June 2015 and loved it! I highly recommend going to the Vienna Opera House...we went to Rigoletto and loved it. It's not a tourist performance, you will be surrounded by regular opera patrons. Enjoy!

Posted by
62 posts

We took this tour in August, 2017 and loved it! It was our 2nd RS tour and so much better than our first (which was nothing to sneeze at). Having 3 nights in Berlin, Prague and Vienna makes all the difference. Feel free to message me if you have specific questions or want any specific advice - happy to help if I can.