Please sign in to post.

Basque Tour-May 2022

I just purchased our airfare today so this makes the trip real, right? We booked this tour last July and are really looking forward to traveling to places we have never been before. Added on 2 nights pre tour and 2 nights in Madrid post tour. Who is taking this “waitlisted” trip?

Posted by
12 posts

What dates are going in May? We will be on this tour starting May 6th

Posted by
731 posts

Ah, our tour starts May 20th….and I will turn 60 on our last full day of the tour!

Posted by
5 posts

Hi Kathy-
I am booked for the Basque tour beginning on May 20th as well, I look forward to meeting you! It's weird to think it will (finally) be here before we know it.

I am flying into Paris and planning to take the train to Bayonne, and then flying out via Madrid on Tuesday the 31st. I'm thinking I will do one night somewhere along the way from Bilbao before Madrid, but haven't settled on those exact plans just yet.

I'm really looking forward to lots of delicious food and beautiful sights!

Posted by
731 posts

Yay! Nice to meet you Bethany. Are you traveling with a friend or solo? This will be our (me and hubby’s) 5th RS tour. Have you booked your travel from Bilbao to Madrid? We will explore while in Madrid but will probably book a Flamenco (sp?) show our first night. We will have to fly home on Monday. We fly in to Bordeaux and will spend 2 nights there pre-tour. We like wine 😀

Posted by
731 posts

Bethany,

I see our tour information is available.it looks like we will have 22 people on our tour. It also looks like a good chunk of them will be one largish group. We fly out a month from today. I hope to get busy between now and then so hopefully the time will fly.

Posted by
14015 posts

Kathy, I hope you and DH like Bordeaux as much as I did!

Exciting that you are down to the wire. I am sure the time will fly!

Fingers crossed the need for a return Covid test is gone by the time you fly back home!

Posted by
15 posts

Hi Kathy and Bethany,

I'm on the May 20th Basque tour as well. So excited to see you two here on the forum.

Bethany, I'm also flying into Paris and then taking the train to Bayonne as well. After the tour I'm flying home.

Kathy, I like wine too! Bordeaux sounds great.

I probably will regret not going to Madrid after. This will be my first time in Spain.

Looking forward to meeting you both. See you before too long.

Sara

Posted by
5 posts

I look forward to meeting you both- it will be here before we know it!!

At the end, I'm flying to Sevilla for two days, and then to Madrid before returning home. I can't wait to be back to traveling, this is definitely a highly anticipated trip!

Posted by
2140 posts

Hope you all have a wonderful time on this tour! We are planning to book it in 2023 and would appreciate a trip report when you return.

Posted by
6 posts

We did BASQUE in 2017 - YOU WILL LOOOOOVE IT!!! Take some time pre-trip to scope out the pintxo bars that sound the most interesting in San Sebastian. Each little 'restaurant' has mostly standing room where you order the specialty of that particular place with a glass of the local white wine (can't remember it's name) and then onto the next!!! There are so many little restaurants that it helps to map it out in advance (and we had a great time trekking through San Sebastian!.

It's a magical trip.