Please sign in to post.

Basque Tour

I have a few questions for people who went on the Basque (France and Spain) tour. How did you like it? Did the hotels have elevators (I am concerned about carrying luggage up long stairways)? What were the hotels like? This will be my husband and my first guided tour. We have traveled extensively in Europe, but always on our own. Thank you.

Posted by
52 posts

My husband and I just returned from this tour a few weeks ago. It was our 16th Rick Steves tour and is high on our list of favorites. My only complaint is that it was too short. Our guide was outstanding, the food exceptional, and the experiences packed into the too short time were varied, interesting and all enjoyable.

The hotels were all fine and well located. The rooms were very small in Bilbao. And they had a type of film photographs on the windows to keep you from having a view of the air shaft, but it sort of added to the claustrophobic feeling for me. But again fine for the 2 nights we were there. I believe that all four had an elevator, although some were pretty small so the bags rode and the people who could walked.

The culture and history of the Basque people is fascinating!

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your response is very helpful.