Please sign in to post.

Basque Country tour

I was hoping to find something in the forum on the Basque tour but not finding anything. Has anyone been on this tour? What did you like or dislike about it? We’re trying to decide whether to go but are hesitant because we don’t know anyone who has been there.

Posted by
2375 posts

Have you taken other RS tours?
I'm doing the May 10 Basque tour, it will be my 5th. I generally read the reviews posted on the tour page to get a sense of the tour. I know they tweak things based on feedback and have never been disappointed.

Posted by
2 posts

Yes, my husband and I took the Heart of Italy tour about 8 years ago. Since then, we’ve been back to Italy (on our own) and also toured Budapest, Prague, Germany and Paris (part of a River Cruise). This trip would be with another couple who have not been to Europe. We were trying to find something that would not be a repeat for us, yet interesting enough for a first time traveler.

Posted by
1 posts

i've also been on other RS tours & signed up for this 2019 tour..
look at Rick's Euro Book as well as other Spain geo & tour books...you should do your homework as
suggested.....I prefer a combination of mostly cities & some countryside; others like to stay 'rural' .
the key is " What do you love ??"...then mesh with available tours & keep smiling---you will not fail to enjoy.

Bob in Lafayette

p/s...did you note 3 tours are already wait-listed ?

Posted by
1005 posts

I took this tour last year and it was excellent. The food was amazing--especially in San Sebastian, and be sure to spend an extra night in Bilbao after the tour--there is so much to see and do there. The only drawback was the rainy weather--but there's nothing anyone could do about that!

Posted by
29 posts

I took this tour in 2015 and enjoyed it tremendously. Very interesting current as well as past history from the guides, and I also loved the food (and wine).

I started my trip with 4 days in Madrid (including a day trip to Toledo), then took the train to Bayonne for the start of the tour. It gave me an opportunity to catch up with the Guernica room at the Reina Sofia, before experiencing Guernica on the tour.