Please sign in to post.

Badda Book Badda Boom!! - Booked my RS tours for 2019

We're off and running for 2019 -

Booked our 2 back to back tours for 2019 - May - 7day London then off to 11 Paris and Heart of France. Got my information confirmed with Rick Steves, printed , hotels booked for pre and post tours, trip insurance, airlines!!!

We have lots of points on United and good point values/price that he had to use/pay, awesome!! So I am glad is it done.

All that is left is to read up, decide what to do on free time and book those sights when available.

Plus get thru my knee surgery in three weeks....

Waiting game begins!!

Kim

Posted by
796 posts

Congratulations on the bookings. I did the Paris & HOF tour 2 years ago and loved it.

Sending healing vibes through the interwebs.

Posted by
8375 posts

How fun! You'll want to get those knees in good shape for Mont St Michel! Have fun planning/dreaming and hopes for a quick recovery.

Posted by
6291 posts

Just got our tour documents! Including the invoices - gulp. Not as bad as I thought, however. Thank you, Rick, for the tour alum discounts!

Posted by
130 posts

Your trips sound exciting! We are hoping to do back-to-back trips in 2019 also. Noticed you got trip insurance; I have been thinking about that but don't know very much about it. Could you explain who you use, how it works, etc? I would be very interested.
Cindy

Posted by
528 posts

Good luck on your surgery! I hope your recovery goes as swiftly as my neighbor's.To see her, you would never know she had it, she is so active.

I have been on both of your tours, and I enjoyed both. Normandy Beaches and American Cemetery very moving, and Monet's Gardens simply beautiful!

Posted by
1220 posts

YEAH! So happy for you. You can do all your free time planning etc...while you recover from surgery. Have fun!!

Posted by
13934 posts

Best of luck on your knee surgery! You will have some great motivation for post-op PT!!

So glad you have booked! What fun you guys are going to have!

Posted by
1481 posts

Congratulations!
I haven't even been on my 2018 Italy trip and am already itching to reserve a Turkey tour for 2019.
Wishing you a quick recovery after your surgery.

Posted by
1019 posts

Thanks all for your best wishes. Will be off work for a couple of months I assume. Bad thing, there goes my $$ for my trip. But I will be glad when it is over. Great motivation for make sure I get PT, exercises, etc going. And planning!!

Cindy - I use a our travel agent that we use for work for our cruises. Expedia cruiseships in Canada.
She uses itravelinsured.com. I think it is cheaper than the info from RS. I insure thru them for my RS tours and my hotels. Then insure airlines thru United.

Never had to use it, but I feel better doing it because we are older now and have aging parents incase something happens to them and we can't go or called home.

Posted by
3839 posts

Sounds fantastic. Definitely an incentive to recover and do all your exercises. We want to go on the Turkey tour but have to wait till 2020 when we retire. I work in a school so i am limited to the summer. On vacation now and it is a relax day, laundry, catching up on the forum news, regrouping etc. wjishing you a speedy recovery

Posted by
2469 posts

Kim,
After much pondering about my travels for next year, I booked the RS Munich Salzburg Vienna (MSV) tour, 11/24 - 12/01!! Yay!! So excited because seeing the Christmas markets is a bucket list item. My rough plan is to fly to Paris then train to Colmar for 3 nights, do a daytrip to Strasbourg. Then train to Munich for 2 nights before the tour begins. After the tour, I may stay an additional night in Vienna! Christmas markets here I come.

Posted by
2375 posts

Judy B,
Check the dates for Christmas Markets--it looks like Munich mostly starts up Nov. 27.
I was on that tour last Nov-Dec, and the main one in Munich barely started the day we left.

I might do this tour again in the future, but would go in early December to make sure all were up and running. Loved it, though!

Posted by
2469 posts

Thanks, Liz, for the heads up. I made a quick call to the RS office and they switched the tour to 12/01 - 12/08! Super easy.

Posted by
2375 posts

Oh, good! Glad to help.
BTW, the Christmas markets aren't really part of the tour--you will mostly do that in your free time.

Posted by
2469 posts

Liz,
I’m going in 2019. But I understand from my friend who’s lived in Germany, that the first week of Dec. is best.

Yes, I know the Christmas markets are on my own free time. I plan to spend extra time in Munich and Vienna, then travel to Colmar, France for 3 days for their markets.
Thanks again.

Posted by
1019 posts

Judy B - that sounds great. You will like the Christmas markets. I wouldn't mind going on that tour also. I went on AMAwaterways cruise down the Danube in 2015 for the Christmas markets and must loved it. Ours consisted of Prague, Nuremburg, Regensburg, Linz, Vienna and Budapest.

That will be so hard to wait til next December for me! Enjoy!

Kim