Please sign in to post.

Auschwitz to Prague

Looking for an itinerary from auschwitz(thinking of flying into krakow) and then doing Prague, Vienna, Budapest.
Anyone do a similar trip?

Posted by
19593 posts

Monday, Thursday and Saturday Ryan flies Krakow to Prague pretty cheap. (the train is 6.5 hours).
Every day But Saturday Ryan flies to Budapest pretty cheap.
Then the train from Budapst to Vienna only takes 2.5 hours.

I am not a big long haul train guy, so thats how I would do it.

Doing Krakow to Prague to Vienna to Budapest would be about 14 hours on trains (the shortest route). Flights cuts four, maybe closer to 5, hours off the travel time even if you figure it hotel door to hotel door.

Posted by
7766 posts

I trust you are not planning to sleep in Oswieczim, almost no one does. Krakow has a lot to see, World War II and otherwise.

We did only Poland on one trip, and Berlin-Prague-Budapest-Berlin for another trip. Poland was just too far a detour for time, convenience, and cost.

Posted by
3139 posts

There are direct trains from Oswiecim (Auschwitz) to Prague. The first one departs at 11:54 AM arriving at Praha hl.n. (Prague central station) at 5:36 PM. You can also take a late train departing Oswiecim at 11:48 PM arriving in Prague 7:45 AM. I highly suggest renting a sleeper car if you take the overnight train.