Since the tour feedback feature no longer includes all the feedback, here are hints and what we learned from our tour. These are just our personal observations.
- The tour gets unanimous 5 stars because it really is that good.
- Early trips are great, so if you can go early, do it. But, GO!
- Greeks use multiple ways of spelling things. The RS guide book lists a good restaurant, To Kati Allo,as being on Chatzichristou St. The street sign currently says, Hatzichristou You'll see Nafplio spelled many different ways.
-Consider doing Athens before you do the islands or small towns. Athens is a busy city and may lose its charm after you've been to a fabulous island.
- If your tour hotel is Acropolis Select and you choose to use the metro from the airport, I would offer these tips ( unless RS has added these suggestions to the direction sheet) When the metro stops at Syntagma Sq. and you change to the Red Line, look for the sign that says " Ellinko" with a red stripe at the top. When you get off at Syngarou Fix, the Drakou exit takes you up stairs. At the top of the stairs, turn left and go 1/2 block to Falirou.
- We each had 1 retractable walking stick. They had to go in checked luggage. We did not need them at the Acropolis, but we used them at Delphi, Monemvasia, Kastania, and Mystras. No one else used them.
-Any tendency towards motion sickness, bring some non-drowsy Dramamine. Those roads wind!
- Great post office in Monemvasia. For 6€ our poster arrived home a week after we did.
-RS suggested restaurant To KAti Allo seems really busy at lunch, but was good for 9pm dinner. God's Restaurant on Makrigianni has delicious food and the fellow out front is such fun to talk with. he's from Monemvasia and speaks like 5 languages. It's a show just to watch him switch languages for different customers. Manh Manh is gourmet Greek cuisine. All these are close to Acropolis Select. Cafe Ambrosia on Drakou has great gyros at reasonable price.
- Best things we brought: bubble wrap and travel power strip. Wrapped our Kardimyli olives in bubble wrap. Travel power strip powers I-pad or I-phone and has space for 3 other plugs. First trip without fighting over sparse outlets. AA or Travelsmith ( probably REI, too)
You will LOVE this tour!