Please sign in to post.

Athens & Greece Tour-September 8, 2018-Packing Tips/Swimming Opportunities?

I just recently signed up for the Athens/Greece RS Tour that starts September 8. This will be my 2nd RS tour and 2nd tour solo. I'm trying to pack lighter than I did for the Best of Europe this past April/May and want to only take what I will actually wear this time! I'm wondering whether to bring a bathing suit? How many opportunities are there for swimming? I know it will be pretty hot and so it might be nice to swim if the opportunity arises but I'm not a big water person so I don't want to pack a bathing suit if I'll only use it once...anyone recently been on this trip and have advice please on this and any other packing tips for this particular trip.

My Europe trip covered multiple climate changes so it was harder to pack super light but I think this one will be easier as it should be more constantly warm?

Thank you.

Lynn

Posted by
11179 posts

You should have swim suit opportunities at Kardimyli ( Mani Peninsula), Monemvasia, and Hydra.

Went in July so it was hot.

Posted by
439 posts

I love to swim and there were opportunities to swim in late Oct, the water was still warm. You can do other things if you don’t want to swim. One thing I wish I did bring was a pair of water shoes to walk on the rocks getting into the water.

Posted by
3961 posts

I agree with previous contributiors. Multiple areas along the way to swim. Last September we spent a month in Greece. It was 95 degrees in Athens. During our tour the temperature hovered around 80+ degrees. Sure, bring your swimsuit and pack light. We wore shorts most of the time.

Enjoy this active, phenomenal tour!

Posted by
98 posts

Thank you for the responses. I’m trying to pack so much lighter this time! Sounds like a bathing suit if room permits will be useful-water sandals and a couple of pairs of shorts! It’s always all the ‘other’ stuff that takes up
Space!