Please sign in to post.

Anyone on the Best of Rome April 24, 2022

My wife and I will be taking our first RS tour in ten short weeks. Anyone on here that will be on the same tour?

Posted by
13934 posts

Oddly, on most of my RS tours, many of my fellow tour members were not aware of the forums!!

You’ll have a wonderful time, I’ve eyed this tour several times!

Posted by
6290 posts

Pam's right, as usual. Very few people who take RS tours know about the Forum. It is fun, though, to correspond with folks ahead of time, when you do manage to find them.

And yes, this is a great tour.

Posted by
417 posts

I liked it when the RS office would email your list of tour mates, and they would list their full name and the city where they lived. I was able to correspond with my future mates on Facebook. That was really fun to get to know them before we arrived. Now, the RS office says that they are protecting the privacy of the tour members. I wish they would go back to the old days! Maybe they could ask the tour members if they wanted to share information. It was also nice to have that list to bring to the first meeting of the group. I would take notes about the members and that helped me get to know them better.

Posted by
69 posts

Janet: 30 days prior to the tour, they do provide you the list of first names and city/state of residence (look in your tour account). I print it and bring with me - helps me match names to faces and learn them quicker (I take some notes during intros). I do understand they are protecting people's privacy and prefer to let folks share info themselves if they would like to...