Please sign in to post.

Any New Tours for 2018?

Hi, we're trying to decide which RS tour to do in 2018. Just wondering if anyone has noticed any "new" tours...

Posted by
1225 posts

I glanced through them yesterday and did not see anything new. I wish they would bring back the Venice in 7 days. That was my first tour.

Myself, I would like something along the Rhine with dips into Alsace and then onto Switzerland - maybe a MyWay tour? Or maybe I need to do it on my own...

Posted by
2123 posts

Agnes & Debbie, thanks for your input. We were thinking about Paris and the Heart of France but I've done that tour before. My BF and I did the Southern and Eastern France tours (loved them) but there's a lot of overlap with the Heart of France. I don't mind repeating a tour but thought maybe we should pick a place that's new to both of us. Today we talked about Italy... so many choices!

Posted by
180 posts

If you haven't been to Ireland, I highly recommend it. I went on the 8 day tour and really wish I had gone on the 14 day tour. I would love to go back to Ireland.

Posted by
2123 posts

Hi travelfan, I did the Best of Ireland in 8 Days in June this year. It was a fun tour and we had a great time! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

Posted by
919 posts

Debbie,
I'm also interested in that segment - Alsace and border region.

The other itinerary I'd like would be just northern Italy west to east including the Dolomites.

Posted by
2466 posts

Donna,
The Best of Germany tour was new last year, it looks very interesting as it covers a broad swath of the country starting in Hamburg and ending in Berlin. Both H and B would be perfect places to spend more time pre- and post-tour.

But, back to your question, it seems to me all tours might be considered "new" if we haven't been on that particular one. Just a thought.
Scandinavia?
St. Petersburg, Tallinn & Helsinki?
Such a smorgasbord of possibilities!

Posted by
2123 posts

Hi Judy, you're right, "new" includes a tour we haven't already taken. I've done 8 so far but there are lots more to choose from! We are interested in Scandinavia. I think it's the most expensive RS tour but I guess that's indicative of the cost of living. We are also considering a Viking Ocean tour of that area. We're doing our first Viking River cruise this fall (Basel-Amsterdam) so we'll see if we like that kind of traveling.

Posted by
3517 posts

No net new tours this year from what is visible on the web site. Unless you consider the return of the Turkey tour as something new. Also, the tours that are the same as 2017 tours really do seem to be mostly the exact same with little or no changes (at least none that jump out at me).

I guess I will be spending my free time this weekend deciding which one or two I might take. :-)

Posted by
1225 posts

Rachel, I am right there with you on the northern Italy tour, also. The mountains draw me. I would consider MyWay Alpine again.

Posted by
1203 posts

Debbie: You are so lucky that you got to take the 7 day Venice tour! I would have taken that tour but they discontiued it the following year after I took my first tour which was the week long London tour! I did save the tour itinerany so if I ever get to stay in Venice more than a few days I have that to go by. I too wish they would bring that tour back. I did get to go on the Florence, Istanbul and Prague week long tours and they were wonderful!

Posted by
930 posts

I was just looking and thinking also. Many of the tours have gone up in price. The MY WAY SPAIN is $200 more from 2017 to 2018. Is it normal for prices to go up a couple hundred each yr? Also, in 2017, there is an OFF SEASON Sicily tour, but there is NOT one for 2018 = about $300-$400 more. I think I'll email and ask a couple questions. We are debating between Sicily in March while it's the cheapest, MY WAY Spain in October 2018, or MY WAY ALPINE.

Posted by
44 posts

Hi Donna-it's Margaret from the Belgium and the Netherlands 2013 tour. Go to Italy! It's great! I loved Village Italy best- but Southern Italy and the ones that do Rome, Florence, and Venice are wonderful too. I'm doing Loire to the South of France this fall because I love France too, but I think it's time for Rick to add something new in France. Enjoy whatever you pick,

Posted by
2123 posts

Hi Margaret, it's nice to hear from you! I'm happy that you're still traveling with Rick Steves! We have talked about Italy. My BF is very interested in Pompeii so if we do any of the Italy tours, we'll need to find a way to get there. I love France and I've done all of the tours except the Basque country (that's on my list too!). Hope you are well.

Posted by
44 posts

The South Italy tour went to Pompeii the year I went. It was fascinating and they had a great local guide to take us around. If I had been planning ahead, I would have skipped the gelato shop visit and gone to Pompeii earlier and met the group there.. It's easy to do on the train. They also visit the Greek temples at Paestem (sp?), which are also very interesting. Loved Spain too.

Posted by
79 posts

Wish they would offer an adult version of the family tours. Enjoyed the BOE 14 day tour and would take another multi country tour. Unfortunately the 21 day is too long and I'm not interested in the best of Eastern Europe at this time.