We both will be 65 next year and active and it is our 40th anniversary. We have previously been to Rome, Amalfi, Florence,Venice, Munich,Innsbruck,Salzburg and Vienna on past non RS tours. We are looking for a tour that departs on 10/16/18 and later. We are considering tours that run in Oct or November 2018 (important to us).
The 8 day Heart of Italy, the 11 day Paris and the Heart of France and the Best of Venice, Florence and Rome are all interesting and meet our time requirement. We previously loved our Italy tour and would love to go back. The France Tour also looks incredible especially Mont St Michel.
But I am really interested in the 10 day Best of Sicily. Couple questiins.
1) On the return trip home, how difficult is it flying out of Catania? Can we make it to the US that day?
2) How photogenic is Sicily? We love archecture, churches, landscapes and old structures. Looks good, is it?
3) Do you feel safe touring Sicily touring in late Oct or Early Nov? I was told by a coworker that Sicily felt very seedy to them.
4) Any comments on this tour are welcomed.
5) If anyone has the the Paris and Heart of Paris tour AND the Sicily, which one do you believe was the most impressive?
General question, if we do an Italy tour, we would plan to stay in Rome or Florence (Heart of Italy) for an extra day. How easy and what is the possibilies of staying at the Rick Steves hotel? We really don't want to change hotels.