Please sign in to post.

21 Day Best of Europe 2023

Has anyone booked this tour yet and got your first and last hotels in the confirmation? I got mine today but the starting hotel is in Amsterdam and not Haarlem. I’m thinking they just made a mistake. Thx Larry

Posted by
591 posts

When I took this tour our first hotel was also in Haarlem. Although I enjoyed the town I left it each day (arrived early) taking the train into Amsterdam. It was/is a very brief trip between the two. Notwithstanding, hotels and locations have been subject to change between now and departure time.

Posted by
50 posts

We are booked on the BOE21 starting Sept 25 this year. The first hotel is in Haarlem. Might be a mistake, call the office to confirm. They also respond to email very quickly too.

Posted by
7010 posts

It's also possible that the hotels they use in Haarlem were not available on the dates of the OP's tour, for whatever reason. Sometimes adjustments need to be made in the tour itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances. But, yes, check with the RS office for clarification.

Posted by
924 posts

Hello,

Thanks for the responses above as those are all very helpful for this traveler, and Nancy has it right in that not all tours are exactly the same and have minor adjustments here and there due to availability, etc.

Larry, are you on the September 3rd, 2023 departure? Here's what we note immediately next to the Sign Up button when you sign up for your tour for that date: "This tour sleeps in Amsterdam in lieu of Haarlem."

Posted by
924 posts

Further feedback...

Larry, you transferred from the 9/3 tour to another tour. The initial email you had indeed would have indicated the Amsterdam hotel for that tour. Your transfer confirmation email, and your account, will indicate a Haarlem hotel now that you've transferred.

Enjoy your tour!