Please sign in to post.

2024 Tour kit update

I just ordered my tour kit for a June tour.
As has been true for a while, there are 3 options for a security belt/pouch and you can also select none of the above.
New is a free commemorative luggage tag with your order.
As usual, you can add anything else and the shipping is free.

Posted by
6293 posts

Yes, the luggage tag is new; very colorful! We usually decline the moneybelts (at one point I counted 18 in my travel drawer, until we started giving them away.) I do keep at least two belts, one neck pouch, and one belt pouch in reserve.

Those money belts last for years. I finally had to retire one after about 10 years or so; the elastic had lost its stretch, and the credit cards had finally worn little holes in the pockets.

Our tour kit is available today; we'll add a couple of guidebooks and perhaps the new "retro" tee.

Posted by
6293 posts

Barbara and LIZinPA, are they sized comparably to the "Keep On Travelin'" tee? Our Keep on shirts fit us perfectly, and have lasted for years.

Posted by
11180 posts

T-Shirt Measurements Unisex

A classic T-shirt silhouette.
Chest: Measured across the chest one inch below armhole WHEN LAID FLAT
Body Length at Back: Measured from high point shoulder to finished hem at back.

Size Measurements (Chest, Body Length)

S: 18", 28"
M: 20", 29"
L: 22", 30"
XL: 24", 31"
2XL: 26", 32"

https://store.ricksteves.com/shop/p/vintage-t-shirt

Posted by
6293 posts

Thanks Joe32F; I didn't think to look at the description for measurements; they're the same as those for the "Keep on" shirt, so I'll go ahead and order today.

Posted by
427 posts

Jane, I compared the two shirts. The newer one is a bit longer, though it has not been washed yet. Otherwise the measurements look nearly identical. I do like that the newer shirt is thinner and softer.

Posted by
3207 posts

So who are those T shirts made to fit? The largest shirt is 22" in the chest? Makes no sense...

Posted by
2427 posts

Do you still get the tour book? I like the idea of the luggage tag better than the patch that I never used and ended up tossing. I would decline the money belt. Do they have a money pocket option? If you are traveling as a couple, do you each get a t shirt?

Posted by
2377 posts

The tour book is always included.
You choose from the 3 security choices that are in the shop.
The tee is not included.

Posted by
3207 posts

LOL. Liz, I still don't get it... No matter, I don't need one. ;)

oh, wait. Am I crazy or was the 26" added/changed from 22"? so, it would fit a 52 inch chest. OK, I'm not that busty. LOL. Still, I don't need one...I don't need one...

Posted by
2377 posts

When you lay it flat, you are only measuring half the circumference. The front is 22" and the back is 22"

Posted by
11180 posts

No matter, I don't need one. ;)
. Still, I don't need one...I don't need one...

Sounds like you want one ....???