Please sign in to post.

2024 Spain Dates?

This has probably been asked and answered so sorry if it is repetitive.

We are planning to book a 2024 transatlantic repositioning cruise that ends in Barcelona and it would be great to hook that up with the best of Spain 14 day tour or the Best of Barcelona and Madrid 8 day tour. In order to make this work knowing the dates of those tours would be necessary, but obviously they are not out yet. I have seen some reporting that the dates may be available in May/June but since the cruise ship is filling up fast that will be too late. Can anyone confirm when the 2024 Spain tour dates will be available.

Before you say it… yes, we could probably find something to do in and around Barcelona that is not covered by the RS tours while we wait but we are already talking about 28 days as it is and $ is a consideration.

PS If anyone from the RS company is reading this you can have my credit card now if I can reserve early! 😂

Posted by
528 posts

By looking at this year’s dates, they are all Sunday to Sunday. So perhaps it will be that way in 2024 too.

Posted by
41 posts

Using the 2023 dates to predict is a good idea. However, while the 8 day Barcelona/Madrid tour does start every Sunday in April/May 2023, the 14 day Best of Spain tour starts every other Monday with some Saturday starts here and there. The ship arrives in Barcelona on a Sunday morning and the 8 day meets at 5pm so if the schedule remains the same that may be the choice. I would prefer the 14 day but an element of luck will play into it. The tour would have to begin on a Monday following our Sunday arrival for that to work.

Of course, in either case we would have to make sure we book the appropriate tour before it fills up and for that we need to know when they will become available. So, I’m still on square one wondering when the 2024 dates will drop?

Posted by
1543 posts

It sounds like you are doing the Transatlantic cruise no matter what the result of the tour is, so I'd say go ahead and book it. The price for the cruise is only going to go up.

We've done two Transatlantics and next year plan to do our third. What line and itinerary are you looking at?

As far as $$ being a consideration, independent travel will often be cheaper, unless you travel very high end. In 2016 our transatlantic cruise ended in Barcelona, and we did Barcelona (4 nts), Granada (2 nts), Cordoba (2 nts), Toledo (2 nts), Madrid (4 nts), all independently.

Posted by
2252 posts

The earliest I have seen tours posted has been May/June and not all dates are released at once. You’re thinking 2024 so the I think the earliest they would be out would be this May (2023) . Of course, everything has been in flux for the past two years and there have been a lot of changes so we “civilians” really can’t answer your question. I would try calling or emailing the tour department to see what they can tell you to the best of their knowledge. I have always found all the employees to be most helpful and understanding. I know they are working at a reduced office staff so it may take a couple of days for them to get back to you. That said, my sister emailed a question to the tour department this past Sunday and they responded Monday.

Posted by
41 posts

We are looking at booking the RCL transatlantic cruise that departs from Miami April 2024. I know once in Barcelona independent travel can be an alternative, but for this trip we are looking forward to not planning a thing. We just did Hawaii on our own and planning that trip was arduous. We did RS Best of Europe just before the pandemic and we really appreciated being able to enjoy the experience without the headaches of planning our own itinerary. It was definitely worth it.

Posted by
8346 posts

Email and call RSTours with your specific question. While they aren’t publicly releasing dates yet, they may be able to help you.

Posted by
41 posts

Thanks. I did.

In the meantime any advice from those who have made such a trip will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
41 posts

Well, the RS staff responded very quickly to my email but did not shed much additional light on the issue. I was told that the 2024 dates will drop sometime in the late spring or early summer, so it does sound like perhaps May/June. I guess I will have to be checking up frequently and hope I don’t get shut out.

They did suggest I subscribe to the newsletter. Does anyone know if they actually announce when tour dates will be available in that publication?

Posted by
1543 posts

rcf026, if you hang out around these forums you will see posts appear as soon as dates start being listed (probably within hours, even).

Posted by
41 posts

I will try. But as they say, I’ve got people to see and things to do. Honestly, as someone else mentioned there are other options out there so the first reliable one that comes along will probably get my money. I hope it is RS because I like their services. We shall see.

Posted by
30 posts

You can get Go Ahead Tours. They have a few tours that start in Barcelona and their 2024 dates are out. They are my second choice after RS. They have some great food & wine tours