Please sign in to post.

2023 Tours Open Yet?

No, they're not.
The site says: Rick Steves' European tours for 2023 will be available later this spring! Today is June 02, 2022, the beginning of what the local TV meteorologists call "civil summer". Solar summer, of course, does not officially start until the solstice, on or around June 20, but it is totally (unofficially) NOT spring any more.

Waiting.
Credit card ready.
Any minute now.

Posted by
2666 posts

I thought I had read somewhere (either here or RS facebook) not until the end of June.

Glad you're excited. 😊

Posted by
135 posts

They usually come out in August, but thinking I saw or heard that end of June this year....soon.....LOL

Posted by
11175 posts

If you were HERE, you would be considered delusional if you thought the weather is 'summerlike'

Just had the second wettest May since records have been kept and 90% of the days have hi temps below long term seasonal averages.

Summer is most definitely a 'future' concept, in every way.

Posted by
1823 posts

Joe, similar here in MN, but we have disastrous, terrible storms and tornadoes, too.

Posted by
1 posts

I too am ready to book! This will be our first and am so excited! Watching the site several times daily :)

Posted by
1259 posts

Bogiesan, What will you sign up for and why?

Best of Spain, 14 days. Joining my sister to see if we can recreate some photos from back when we were kids, 1955-1960. Our father was stationed at the USAF Strategic Air Command base near Madrid.

Posted by
1220 posts

I'm excited too but it looks like I'll have to sign up while we are on tour if it isn't till the end of June.

Posted by
90 posts

Waiting as well. We did a back to back for all of April this year, was so glad to be back in Europe. We did Best of Portugal followed by Best of Turkey. Loved both tours. Next year we plan do so the The best of Sicily. Then thinking of a second one not sure which.

Posted by
12 posts

Rick Steve's first timer here. How quickly do the tours fill up? Are we talking about every concert I stood in the ticket line for, or a more reasonable "I'll wait until I get home from work" sort of thing? Looking at 13 days in Scotland in the fall.
I'm on all of Rick's email lists that I can find...if that helps.

Thanks

Posted by
1259 posts

Rick Steve's first timer here. How quickly do the tours fill up?

Unpredictable. The hot summer months tend to fill up slowly. Depends on the tour, slot in the week or weeks, time of year, and a long list of unknowns like a family of ten possibly taking a big slice of your favorite. And there's the whole post-covid madness to go someplace, anyplace.

You're going to love Scotland.

We're all waiting.

Posted by
130 posts

Mike Boris,

You asked how quickly do they fill up? Last year, when this current year's tours were released, many of them filled up quickly; we signed up on the first or second day, and it seemed like the tour filled up very quickly, but whether that was a day or a week, I don't remember.

BUT: I believe that last year was a bit of an outlier; many people (like me and my husband) had booked tours in 2020 which had been cancelled, so there was a lot of pent up demand. This year, is there still so much pent up demand? Is demand even higher now that people are traveling more, or not?

It's hard to know for sure. But I know I'm going to book the minute I can! Eastern France, here we come.

Tony

Posted by
1019 posts

I keep looking too! They will probably come out when we are gone. Leaving on Sunday for Iceland and Scotland. Then return for two weeks or so and go on our 8th tour for Scandinavian. Which is stressing me out for return Covid testing. Wish it would be dropped. I have no issue on this coming up tour but issues with my RS tour. Everything has been difficult for this tour. So I guess I will see how I feel when I get back.

But the tour I would like to do is back to back . South England and Best of England.

Kim

Posted by
145 posts

I looked up my RS tour booking confirmation email and it's dated May 28, 2021; I think I signed up on the very first day.
So it could be any day now.

Posted by
1 posts

Waiting and checking daily! Just finished my first tour Munich/Salzburg/Hallstatt and Vienna and want to book another for Scotland

Posted by
722 posts

Judy B, we also signed up for 3 tours on May 26 last year. It's already June 9....it won't be long!

Posted by
1823 posts

Summer starts Tuesday. Hope that means they announce 2023 tours tomorrow since it will be the latest date available in spring this year.