Please sign in to post.

2022 Rick Steves Tour Patch

I hope Rick Steves includes a 2022 Tour Patch with our tour package. What design do you think will be on the patch? I would love to hear your ideas.

Posted by
1078 posts

How about a Picture of the Arch de Triumph as a symbol of getting to travel again? Or maybe a picture of a Phoenix Bird as a symbol of the rebirth of Travel through the Backdoor!!!

Posted by
6289 posts

Judy B, me too!

Or the image on the opening screen of the website, with Rick hoisting a beer, "Looks like we made it!"

It's silly, but that makes me tear up.

Posted by
2468 posts

That’s funny, Jane.
Or, the image of the door to Tintagel castle which is Rick’s inspiration for Europe Through the Back Door. (I read this somewhere.)
Or, Rick sitting in a chair in a meadow filled with beautiful flowers.

Posted by
8346 posts

Well, we know it won't be a traditional red phone booth! That patch is the only thing I got from the 2020 tour season.

Posted by
2468 posts

I have a 2020 tour patch with the Pont du Gard on it.

Maybe 2022 could have the Astronomical Clock in Prague, time to travel again.

Posted by
1290 posts

I suspect Columbus isn't too PC these days. But, otherwise, the patch could be a reverse of the Landing of Columbus painting, with Mr Steves holding aloft a guidebook as he leads some lightly-packed New World tourists up a beach in Europe for their first steps on the continent. For added verisimilitude, the patch label could name the wrong continent.

Posted by
399 posts

Something's missing.
A flag. Preferably a big flag. One must plant a flag to claim a land already occupied by its natives.

Posted by
6289 posts

But what should the flag depict? A guidebook, perhaps? Sunglasses, flip-flops, and ball caps? $$$ and €€€?

Posted by
11160 posts

A map view of the Atlantic with a plane going in each direction.

Posted by
2468 posts

Jane,
An Oyster card from London and Metro card from Paris are 2 ideas.

The image of Rick dashing with a guidebook in his hand against a backdrop of the London subway map.

Posted by
316 posts

Those of you with 2020 patches....those will be collector's items FOR SURE!!

Kaye

Posted by
2468 posts

I think there are 2021 patches hidden away in Edmunds. I remember Rick said on a Monday Night Travel event that about 200 people traveled on early RS tours before the Pandemic and lockdown.

Don’t you think they would have had the patches made in anticipation of a full travel year? He said they had sold 20,000+ seats before the March lockdown. Maybe they will send out patches for both years to people signed up for next year.

Posted by
399 posts

I was thinking the flag could depict one of two things:
Ricks first book "Europe Through the Backdoor'.

Or

An RS money belt. Just in case the natives are restless.

Posted by
3747 posts

Rick's face with a mask on.
Mask has "Keep On Traveling" embroidered on it.