Please sign in to post.

2020 Tours

Hello,

Does anyone know when the dates of more 2020 tours will be announced?

Thanks!

Posted by
1103 posts

Last year the balance of the following year's tours were announced in July.

Posted by
6292 posts

Wasn't it July 15 last year?

Pleeeeaaaase RSE, we're begging for tours.

Posted by
740 posts

Some 2020 tours are already showing on the website.

Posted by
136 posts

I seem to recall them posting the first week in August last year...I remember as I book a trip that week.

Posted by
6292 posts

Steph, we booked our tours last year on July 23. Couldn't do it as soon as they came out because we were co-odinating with a friend.

Posted by
1103 posts

The rest of the 2020 tours appear to be coming out on a rolling basis. For example, in the Find a Tour area, the Best of England tour is posted on the England/Scotland section, but does not yet appear on the 2020 Tours list.

Also, the new Tuscany tour is listed:

https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/italy/tuscany

Posted by
7029 posts

The new year's tours have usually rolled out in pieces as they are firmed up, but they are usually all posted by August.

Posted by
8442 posts

Looks like the complete schedules of the two Ireland tours are up for 2020.

Posted by
2074 posts

I’m doing a back to back tour in September 2020 and my one tour I was waiting on just came up. I booked both about an hour ago!

Posted by
6292 posts

Only a few dates are listed for the Tuscany tour; surely there will be more.

At least the tour is listed, so we can see if it's one we want to do. (Probably, yes. I wish it did more than just a day trip to Siena, though.)

Posted by
2469 posts

Check Germany - GAS, Best of Germany are posted for 2020!
England - Best of England and Best of Scotland for 2020!
The new Tuscany tour looks fantastic! I still want to go on South Italy first.
Oh dear, so many places to go, so little time!

Posted by
13937 posts

Tuscany looks excellent. Wow...Elba! I also wonder about the dates - only one a month. Sometimes they have "shadow" dates that they release as the surrounding dates fill.

Posted by
6292 posts

Pam, I'm assuming that's what they're doing. They can't possibly think they'll only fill 4 or 5 tours.

We've been thinking combining South Italy with Tuscany next year, but it's just a thought at this point. We also want to go back to France, and DH wants us to find time to revisit the Netherlands.

Posted by
385 posts

Just booked GAS Tour during September (2020), Oktoberfest here we come!

Posted by
54 posts

Just wanted to add that I'm listening to RS being interviewed on the "Rick Steves Over Brunch" podcast and he mentioned that they are working on a new Poland tour!

Posted by
8375 posts

Usually there is a $100 "early bird" discount for tours booked prior to Nov. 30th. I haven't seen that announced yet. The tour I want is posted, but I also want the discount. Anyone know anything about this?

Posted by
6292 posts

I'm thinking about signing up for the May Tuscany tour just to hold my place, then work out details later. I'd love to do either April or October, but other family members have first dibs on April, and my political DH won't hear of not being here in the fall of an election year.

Posted by
385 posts

Usually there is a $100 "early bird" discount for tours booked prior
to Nov. 30th. I haven't seen that announced yet. The tour I want is
posted, but I also want the discount. Anyone know anything about this?

Carol, an 'early bird' discount ($100/pp) was applied to my invoice summary, even though it wasn't referenced in tour schedule/notes. You should be good to go. 👍

Posted by
6292 posts

And then there's the new Andalucía tour....

Posted by
206 posts

Yay, now the fun begins!

I wonder if you can use the $100 early booking bonus yet, or if we have to wait for the "formal" announcement.

Posted by
2375 posts

As noted above, the early sign-up bonus is in effect even though not advertised. I just booked.

Posted by
1019 posts

Geez RSE as my youngest son says "your killing me smalls". I thought our 2020 tour was going to be the Scandinavia tour in August, but now I

heard our favorite baseball team is playing in London in June 2020. So I thought about going back to England next year again and doing the Villages of So. England. But now they brought out the new Tuscany tour and I want to go back to Italy. I have not been there since 2007.

Arrgghh decisions, decisions.

But...… may have to rule out London because our youngest will probably be getting married in June (because she is a school teacher). Don't think they would do August..... too hot in Oklahoma.

But I want to go to Italy,

Posted by
32 posts

Hi everyone,

That's correct, the remaining 2020 tour itineraries are now available for booking on the website, including the three new tours that some of you have already mentioned. These include Best of Andalucía in 10 Days, Best of Tuscany in 12 Days, and after a temporary hiatus we are bringing back the Best of Istanbul in 7 Days. All other tours can be found listed under the 'Our Tours' section on our website: https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/index

I can also confirm that the $100 early booking discounts are still being applied automatically for all 2020 bookings until November 30, 2019. These will be reflected in your invoice upon confirmation.

Posted by
6292 posts

What about best of Poland? My DH is interested in that one, although i want to go to either Italy or France.

Posted by
8375 posts

Ok, I signed up for Best of the Adriatic. You know you have a travel addiction when you sign up for next year's tour and you haven't taken this year's tour yet........

Posted by
1019 posts

Jane - on the other thread 2020.... RSE replied it would be 2021

Posted by
2469 posts

Yes, Carol! I have a travel addiction because I’m trying to decide on the tour for 2020 and I haven’t taken my tour yet for 2019. MSV in December, can’t wait. The heat & humidity of this summer is worse than summers of recent memory. Bring on the cold weather.

Posted by
6292 posts

Thanks, Kim. That might work for us, because 2021 is when our friends want to go to Europe with us, and they've specified Germany (not on a RS tour.) We can spend a week in Germany with them, then hop over to Poland, if we like the tour itinerary. We lived in Poland for several years, and liked it. DH has been wanting to go back.