Please sign in to post.

2020 tour book arrived......

It reminds me of when I received the Sears Christmas catalog as a kid. The same sort of wishful dreaming applies.

Posted by
13934 posts

I KNOW!!!! Wheee!

Plus it was really funny because my SIL had just pulled out the 2019 book to look up a tour a friend of hers is taking in October so we both laughed out loud when my brother brought in the mail!

Posted by
11176 posts

It reminds me of when I received the Sears Christmas catalog as a kid. The same sort of wishful dreaming applies.

A $3k+ tour and a $4.99 blouse are "the same sort of dreaming" ?

The RS tour book/catalog, is probably more akin to the Nieman-Marcus Christmas book.

Posted by
15806 posts

LOL, we didn't get the book (still stubbornly indy travelers at this point) but I think ya'll are nice folks and terrific forum pals so I'm just tickled for ya!

Posted by
8369 posts

Joe, I guarantee I never wasted any wishing on a blouse......

For me it was looking through and thinking about how fun each of those toys would be....

Posted by
13934 posts

Oh Kathy....it's worth it for the pictures, lol!!

Posted by
15806 posts

Pam, you're a peach so you just scamper off and have a ton 'o fun with those pix!

Posted by
3224 posts

Just ordered mine and now, we have 2 RS tours booked. Thinking of number 3 already and we haven’t even gone on the first one!

Posted by
6289 posts

Ours hasn't come yet. This happened last year; folks farther west got theirs days before we did. Not fair!

Posted by
528 posts

I’m still waiting!! I’m out West, but it hasn’t come yet:(

Posted by
2186 posts

I’ve saved mine over the years and it’s kind of fun to see how itineraries have been tweaked and what tours have been added or deleted. Sometimes I agree with the tweak and others make me wistful.

Posted by
81 posts

Hey, is there a string where people advise what their favorite tour was? We are trying to decide which, and I know there was a spot that listed everybody's favorite one.

Posted by
1019 posts

Oh boy... mine came today. I love to browse thru it with a glass if 🍷 but I don’t feel well today. Haven’t booked a trip yet and getting anxious cuz I have too many conflicts and issues for 2020 to resolve yet.

Main one ....our youngest son is getting married in July....

Two- can we get St. Louis Cardinals tickets for June in London to be able to take the so England village tour. Those tickets don’t go in sale until December I think. After the November early booking discount.

Arrggh. I have no patience. Lol

Posted by
13934 posts

Kim, Rick usually offers a $100 booking discount on the weekend he does the Test Drive A Tour Guide and Tour Reunions. So, maybe 3rd weekend in January or so?

Posted by
417 posts

Ours arrived in Texas on Tuesday. So fun to dream. The photo on the cover is magical!

Posted by
2469 posts

I’m still waiting for mine!

And, I just booked the Best of Germany tour last night! A friend is going with me, she is new to RS tours. I know it’s going to be great. I’m glad to finally pull the trigger and even happier that my job will be secure with the new company after the merger! A double blessing.

Posted by
1019 posts

Pam - yes I know they do the discount in Jan. I just have to decide when to book it. I can change to different tour that I originally planned if I don’t get tickets. There is only one date available so I probably can’t wait til January. That tour had 16 spots left as of two weeks ago.

Judy - so glad your job is secure: so is scandinavia out for you in 2020? If we don’t get tickets, office said we could change to the Scandinavian one

Posted by
6289 posts

Ours came yesterday! But I was swamped with other duties, and haven't had time to enjoy it yet. Maybe this evening...

Kim, have you considered signing up for the South England tour, paying your deposit, then changing it if you can't get Cards tickets? I think RSE is pretty good about making changes, and December would be early enough that it shouldn't cause scheduling problems for them.

Judy B is right; it feels good to "pull the trigger" on a tour.

Judy B, congrats on the job news.

Posted by
1019 posts

Jane - yes..... I ponder 24/7.... lol! Marcus is getting married July 3, so the so eng village tour we need to take is May 25 to June 6 but then it leave 6 day before the games and back home In June 15. I just have to determine if we can find hotels that won’t charge ahead of time and what to do in those 6 days. There is a later tour that would work better on trip issues but we would not get back until June 30 and that is cutting it to close for the wedding.

I have been under the weather the past two days. Thinking about going to see David the travel agent.

Posted by
6289 posts

Kim, only once have we had to pay for a hotel in advance, and that was my mistake; I didn't read the fine print carefully enough, which is not like me at all. Now, some of the ones we've booked give better rates for paying in advance, but don't allow changes. Many ask for a credit card number to guarantee the room, but don't charge it ahead of time, and don't charge you if you cancel up to a few days before.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. David gave Eileen a great deal this spring; maybe he can help you with hotels, as well.