Please sign in to post.

2019 Tours?

Just curious as to when Rick Steves will be letting us know about the tours for next year - 2019 ?

I'm hoping that it will be soon.

Anyone know how long we have yet to wait for this?
I would love to start planning and coordinating for another trip! :) Really wanted to find a river cruise or ocean cruise to add in addition to another Rick Steves tour next year.

Posted by
2252 posts

In past years, the early/off season tour dates have been sometimes released as early as June. The bulk of the tour dates are usually released in mid August. Watch the forum and website for ongoing news!

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you for your reply, andi.

I'm thinking that the itineraries stay somewhat the same (for the various tours) from year to year?
Or, are they consistently changing things up?
In any event, I am looking forward to seeing the 2019 schedule of tours -so exciting!

Posted by
1103 posts

The tours are pretty consistent from year to year. If you look at the tour dates for each current tour, the ones that have departed are not displayed. However, you can figure out the actual dates by looking at the Reviews section.

Posted by
10 posts

Thank you, Bob. I will be looking at the tours and their reviews.

Hoping to coordinate a couple different adventures while in Europe, so any information regarding dates is helpful right now.
Enjoy your day. :)

Posted by
2252 posts

Yes, for the most part they stay pretty much the same. That said, I did take the Sicily off-season tour twice as the itineraries differed somewhat and I loved the first tour so much, I was happy to take it again. I was interested to find out that a different guide, different tour group and being at a different place in my own life, made the tour a whole different experience. I found I loved Sicily equally as much the second time around and would cheerfully return any time I'm offered the opportunity! I have also found that the guides have a certain amount of autonomy as far as group restaurant choices, activities (both scheduled and non-scheduled) and sometimes have to plan on the fly, so to speak. Weather, Mt. Etna'a current mood, etc. can also change the itinerary.

Posted by
1 posts

I realize they don't have 2019 dates available yet; but, I thought I could use last years dates to get an idea. My question is this:
We are attempting to do a 'double trip' and would like to have something after February 25th.

Is February/March too early to have any tours to Turkey because of weather? I didn't see anything around those dates from 2018; but, thought it was just cause that time has passed.

Thanks any info from anyone....

Jeanine and Paul

Posted by
2469 posts

Webjamn,
The first Turkey tour was an April departure date. I printed the original tour date information...I'm booked on the Oct. 15 - 27 tour which is the last tour for Turkey. If you are looking for tours in the Feb. - Mar. range, check under the Winter Escapes and you will find quite a few. I went on a 7 Days in Rome tour with a March date and loved it, of course. But the weather was coolish, sunny and perfect for touring and lots of walking.

Last year, RS had posted all the 2018 tours by the end of July, so it depends on the workload in the RS office I guess. I start checking in mid- to late-June for the rollout. I'm planning to sign up for the Greece tour with a mid-April date! Can't wait.

Posted by
8372 posts

There are quite a few 2019 tour dates listed on the website as of today. You might check the tours you are most interested in and see if they have the dates posted.

Posted by
467 posts

Yeah! 2019 dates. Was wondering if they would post early since so many 2018 dates are booked. Thanks for posting this.

Posted by
10 posts

I've been looking at released 2019 tours. Glad to see them and looking forward to the rest in July. :)
Making plans for more adventures - Yes!
Thank you.

Posted by
20 posts

Frustrating........ haha
I’m doing back to back Italy tours (Southern and Sicily) next April/May....one tour is up and booking....the other NOT. Crossing my fingers one doesn't sellout before the 2nd posts and I can lock down dates.

Posted by
10 posts

That sounds incredible! Love Italy. Just been there once, but keep thinking of going back... :)
Hope all goes well for you and you get just the tours that you desire!
Have a wonderful time!

Posted by
1019 posts

I am in the same boat as rsrules

Doing back to back tours again for 2019. The dates for 7 day London are out and waiting on Paris and heart of France 11 day for those dates to come out. Our time frame is sometime in May 2019, have to see those dates to get back to back schedules.

Only a month and few days till we all know!!!

Yay....

Posted by
1103 posts

We just signed up for the Village Italy tour (April 22, 2019 departure). We usually don't sign up for tours so early, but the Village Italy tour tends to sell out quickly.

Posted by
8439 posts

The RS blog thing says the full tour schedule will be out July 19.