Please sign in to post.

2019 Tour Patch

Okay, seasoned travelers: what's the image on the 2019 patch? It's a bell tower...

Posted by
54 posts

Campanile in Venice? Big Ben? Marienplatz Munich? Too soon for Florence again...

Posted by
16893 posts

Think less distinctive. I believe Jane's point is that you might see the actual patch and still have to think about it, like we did here, in Rick's Travel Center.

Posted by
11155 posts

I can figure out how Laura got to see the patch, but how you others have eludes me.

Care to share how/where to find it?

Posted by
593 posts

Mine came in the mail with my trip info (Paris/HOF October 2019). If I take a photo of it is there a way to upload it here?

Posted by
6289 posts

Accidental Southerner and Barbara, I think you're right. At least one of the images on Google is a very close match.

Laura, do you want to chime in here?

Posted by
16893 posts

Yes, some of us who did not design the patch went through this exercise, too, and also settled on the island church in Lake Bled.

P.S. Joe, you may have to walk in here to see it.

Posted by
528 posts

Yay! And I totally recommend visiting Lake Bled as it is gorgeous territory! And, Joe, I got to see the patch because I've just booked my 2019 tour - Best of Spain in June, hooray!!

Posted by
6289 posts

Yes, Joe, we've already booked our 2019 tours, so we received our patches in the mail, along with other tour information.

Umm, is it petty of me to note that even though we signed up for two tours, we only received one patch each? The previous times we booked multiple tours, we received one patch per person, per tour.

I'm not complaining, mind you. Just curious.

Posted by
6289 posts

BTW, we just got our second tour patches in the mail today! Evidently, you just have to ask.

Thank you RSE, and special thanks to Keith, who sent a lovely letter with the patches. ❤️

Posted by
11155 posts

P.S. Joe, you may have to walk in here to see it

Today, finally I was in the area during business hours and got a look.
Definitely less obvious than the London phone booth.

Posted by
2716 posts

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you DO with the patch. Last patches I had were Girl Scout badges 50 years ago. Thanks.

Posted by
3214 posts

@horsewoofie
I sewed the patch to a light weight jacket of mine. It’s my first patch, but there will probably be more added in the future.
You could also hot glue to your suitcase or roll away.

Posted by
3517 posts

You can do the same with the RS patches you did with your Girl Scout or Boy Scout patches -- sew them to a sash or vest and wear them proudly!

I kept the ones I got with the intention of displaying them with the other souvenirs from the tours. And they are all still sitting there waiting. :-)

Posted by
8345 posts

Turn the patch into a Christmas tree ornament with a little ingenuity and use it as a way to celebrate your memories from your tour.

Posted by
2716 posts

Carol, I love the Christmas tree ornament idea. But which of my 6 Christmas trees should I hang it on? I may just have to buy 5 ornaments in Italy and Lipica as souvenirs so each tree gets an ornament to match its theme.

Posted by
666 posts

That's exciting that the image is from Lake Bled. My husband and I just signed up for the Best of Eastern Europe trip in September 2019 and that's one of the places we will visit! I'm looking forward to my second Rick Steves tour.

Posted by
14 posts

My wife sews hers onto her RS Civita day bag. They have been a conversation-starter when on non-RS trips.