Please sign in to post.

2018 Tour Scrapbooks!

Anyone else as excited as me to start seeing the 2018 scrapbook entries?!?!?!

Posted by
3218 posts

I am!

I love looking at the scrapbooks. I still can't get over how creative other people are. I'm especially partial to the "less professional" efforts.

Posted by
128 posts

Can’t wait to see this year’s scrapbooks. I am especially interested in the Ireland adventures (going this year in May with RS) and Greece (hopefully our next RS tour in 2020)! These scrapbooks are a great way to enjoy the “pre-excitement” before a trip and I am grateful to all who work so hard to put their trip tips, musings, pictures, and adventures into these lovely books!

Posted by
467 posts

Have there been any posted yet? Don’t know where to find them.

Posted by
84 posts

I type in a search for scrapbook and get the tour alum scrapbook section, the scrapbook entries are listed by year, I dont not see any 2018 scrapbook entries listed yet.

Posted by
467 posts

There are none from 2018 yet? Or are they waiting to post them?

Posted by
15560 posts

I can understand the (faulty) logic of posting all near the deadline, but does anyone think people don't look at previous years' albums? Or that you'd wait until 2-3 weeks before a deadline to make a good scrapbook - most of the "good" ones look like they took a lot more time than that.

Posted by
467 posts

Believe they are not posting them till the contest is over.

Posted by
786 posts

There are now 46 scrapbooks posted. I'm surprised there's not a single Scotland scrapbook in the bunch. Last year, there were four entries for Scotland and I was looking forward to seeing a new crop, as we're on the tour at the end of April.

Guess I'll have to settle for scouting future destinations. ;-)

Posted by
1815 posts

I am with you stoutfella. I am going on the September tour and was looking forward to seeing last year's tours.

Posted by
786 posts

Traylaparks gave me a heads-up that a Scotland scrapbook had been posted (plus a dozen more since my comment here a few days ago). I haven’t gotten all the way through the Scotland book but it seems quite well done and very informative.

Posted by
1815 posts

Thanks stoutfella, I found it and really enjoyed a pictorial preview of my 2019 Scotland adventure.

Posted by
26 posts

We were one of those last minute, down to the wire, scrapbook submissions :). We didn’t wait just to be sneaky, rather we needed the time to edit a massive number of photos and get the hang of the web authoring tool. Plus there’s nothing like a looming deadline to motivate me. It was many weeks worth of work yet we were still editing and looking for spelling errors up until the very end. :)