Please sign in to post.

2016 Tour Catalog Arrived Today

Always nice to receive next year's tour catalog.

Posted by
15582 posts

Is there anything in the catalog that isn't on the website? just curious :-)

Posted by
208 posts

You can usually see everything on the web site that is in the catalog but the hard copy is nice to have. I show it to lots of people each year and is really nice to have when talking to someone about Rick's tours. I am looking for a travel partner for my 2016 trip and the actual catalog seems to give them a better perspective on the tours. I always order one each year and always enjoy having it.

Posted by
6289 posts

I love the catalogue, and look forward to getting it every year. At our house, we call it "the wish book." It's much easier to compare tours with the hard copy than on the website, especially if you're trying to figure dates, connecting tours, etc. Plus you have all the information about a given tour on two adjacent pages; no flipping from one screen to another, clicking to find dates, itinerary, etc. And you can compare offerings from one year to another if, like us, you keep last year's catalogue. (Or, truth be told, several years' accumulation.) Our catalogue lives in a basket beside my chair, and I refer to it often throughout the year.

I'm glad to hear they're in the mail; we haven't received ours yet, and I've been getting antsy.

Posted by
8437 posts

Its easier for us old folks to browse on paper than search online. I like to give mine to other people who are interested, but not enough to initiate looking online.

Posted by
16893 posts

The 2016 tour brochure is gorgeous, so I'm sure you'll enjoy having it! Note that the list of specific departure dates was always subject to change after printing, with dates added and even subtracted as bookings proceeded. This year, the solution to that is to summarize the date range in the book but to publish actual start and end dates online only.

Posted by
740 posts

Nice job on the catalog, Laura and company.

It makes a lot of sense to only publish the dates online.

Posted by
6289 posts

Our "wish book" finally arrived! It does look good. There are a few new features that I like, but I do think I'm going to miss having the actual tour dates on the page. I understand why they took them out; tours get added throughout the year, things change. But we've been known to choose tours by finding a date that meshed with other plans; of course this can be done on the Internet, but it's much easier with a hard copy.

I'm not complaining; just commenting. The catalogue looks great. Thank you, RSE, for continuing to print and mail them.

Posted by
3518 posts

Got mine yesterday finally!

The book is a work of art with all the travel photos. I want to go on every tour!

One thing I would like to see online from the catalog is that one single map with all of the tours on it. There should be some way to make this an interactive clickable thing that could do stuff like show tours that could be booked consecutively or where the various tours overlap, etc. I know we can do all of that manually now, but sometimes it would be nice to have the work done for you. ;-)