Please sign in to post.

18, Yes, 18 of the 2019 Tours are posted

Just a new post to alert the hungering masses... or the just curious

Posted by
8439 posts

Thanks for the alert Joe. A quick look and I dont see any new tours. Noting that the Eastern Europe Tour has added a day in Krakow, for 15 days total.

Posted by
2091 posts

Well, diveloonie, both the Greece and the Sicily tours are outstanding so you really can't go wrong with either one! Oh, wait, that's probably what I'd say about any RS tour!

Posted by
3225 posts

Not nearly as many dates for 2019 for the Sicily tour!!! This year he did October and November, not so for next year. Darn!

Posted by
8439 posts

diveloonie, they probably haven't completed all the listings, just put up a few (the early ones). Thats what they did last year.

Posted by
16893 posts

Joe, I'm starting to suspect that you have a secret informant!

Posted by
3518 posts

One thing to keep in mind:

These early tour announcements are not always for the entire year. Previously it was just the first couple months for the next year, mainly winter time, and the remainder of the dates are added later.

So don't give up hope it you see the tour you are interested in but it doesn't yet have the dates you might be wanting.

Posted by
559 posts

I'm excited they added a day to Eastern Europe, but what I'm more curious about is whether or not they are adding any NEW tour itineraries?

I think the last time they did so was in 2016, when they added Germany and Switzerland. Any guesses?

Posted by
528 posts

Oh, I wish for a Village France (I know that the Loire to South and Eastern France include villages-but wish for just villages!) and also for a Northern Italy tour - Lake Como, Dolomites, Padova, Parma or Modena, the Cinque Terre, and Torino. Or Lake Como, Dolomites, Padova, Venice, Udine, and Trieste. Both of these being of the experiential type with food demos or cooking lessons or truffle hunting or ? etc, etc. Please, please, please!!

Posted by
13934 posts

Barbara....where do I sign up for either one? I did a terrific Road Scholar tour last year of Brittany and Normandy (including nights in Quimper, Vannes, Saint-Malo, Caen (would swap for Bayeux) and Rouen) that I truly wish Rick did. Small towns, fabulous sights, siiiigh....!!! The only reason I have to cheat on Rick is when Road Scholar has a better itinerary.

Hmmm, will I do Belgium and Holland? Southern Italy? Greece? Sicily? One that hasn't jumped out at me yet?

Posted by
559 posts

Hi Barbara,

Rick used to have a Village France, but that turned into the Best of Eastern France tour.

I always look forward to new itineraries, but they seem to take a LONG time to materialize. I've been on this board since 2007, and people were asking for a Best of Germany back then. We didn't get one until 2016. Although, now that his tours are becoming more popular (with 500 departures next year?!?!), they may add newer itineraries more frequently.

I have a bunch I would be interested in!

:)

Posted by
11176 posts

I suspect adding new tours is limited by finding the high quality guides RS uses, not a reluctance to offer more of what travelers are asking for. And then there is lining up the 'well located' local charming hotels that offer the level of service and quality RS travelers expect.

Rick just needs to clone himself and his guides and bingo more tours to everywhere. How hard can that be?

Posted by
6290 posts

I can't believe they're already posting 2019 tours. We're planning to do Paris and the Heart of France, with some local friends, and then maybe add on the Eastern France tour. Neither of them is listed yet for 2019.

As long as we're asking for tours, how about bringing back the Best of Florence and Best of Venice?

Gretchen, they also added Villages of South England in 2016. Great tour.