Please sign in to post.

Eastern Europe Tour

We are seriously considering the Eastern Europe tour in 2015. Does anyone have any advice on flights from NY to Prague and back from Ljubljana ? From what I can find, it doesn't look like an easy trek. Looking at late May or June.

Posted by
6 posts

You can fly EWR or JFK to Prauge via LHR (British Airways) or FRA (Luftantha) multiple times a day with ease, returning back via Adria toBrussels, and then to EWR or JFK (via Brussles, United, or Delta)

Posted by
295 posts

You should seriously consider it! We just returned from this tour 3 weeks ago, and it was excellent!

Posted by
132 posts

I did this tour a few years ago. Flew Swiss Air JFK to Zurich, Zurich to Prague then a van, arranged after arrival, into Prague. Return was a shared shuttle from Lake Bled to Ljubljana then Swiss Air to Zurich, Zurich to JFK. Tranfers in Zurich were no problem, airport well signed and easy to follow.

Posted by
2527 posts

You may have to spend time determining the feasibility of various scenarios. One would be an open jaw into Prague, and returning from say CDG airport or other large airport in Europe that has reasonably priced one-way non-stop flights from Ljubljana. Check the airport and Skyscanner.com to learn of these flights. Perhaps check Adria airlines as well.

Posted by
891 posts

We took this tour almost 2 years ago and thought it was great. We flew on frequent flyer miles into Prague and since we couldn't get ff miles out of Slovenia, we took a train to Munich for 3 nights to see the sights there and got our mileage ticket from Munich. I bought the train tickets ahead of time and got a good deal, so it was just an extension of the vacation. Many of the people on our tour took trains to other European cities for a day or so and then flew from there.

Have a great trip!
Mimi

Posted by
150 posts

You may have already booked, but when we went on the tour, we flew with Norwegian air to London (200 dollars) then caught Easy jet to Prague. (saved us tons of money :) Then from Ljubljana we flew Adria air to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt home on Condor air. But Norwegian Air goes to JFK, so you are so lucky!!! Please let me know if you have any questions, that tour is fantastic!!!
Nicole