Please sign in to post.

Best of Eastern Europe Tour!

Greetings,
My husband I just got back from our Eastern Europe Tour! Our guide Katka was fabulous and we both learned so much!!! Now we are home and I am reading more about the region!! We will definetly be visiting the region again soon!!!!!
Happy Travels
Nicole

Posted by
83 posts

We are booked on this tour in mid-September.

What were your highlights?

Did you do anything special on your time off during the tour

Thanks, Mike R

Posted by
1068 posts

Katka was our guide when I took the tour several years ago. She was wonderful. It is a fantastic tour.

Posted by
295 posts

We leave for this tour the 3rd week in September. Glad you enjoyed it, any helpful hints?

Posted by
153 posts

Helpful Hints:
We got our cash before we left, just went to the bank and ordered money. This was great, because we weren't running to the ATM as soon as we arrived to a new country, we went straight for exploring!!!
We did the baths in Hungary and they were fantastic, don't be scared, go even if no one else does. All shapes and sizes are welcome!!!!
If you have any other questions please let me know! We learned so so so much about history, and when we got home I immediately started reading!!!!!
Enjoy your tour!
Nicole

Posted by
295 posts

Nicole, what about when you arrived in Prague, I understand that we only do a short walk thru the Jewish sector and that we should do a more indepth tour ourselves. We get to Prague ahead of the group by a few days, I have been before hubby not, so want to be sure we cover what the tour doesn't. Any thing that you did on your own that would be of interest, please pass on, in any place that you went to. I have an itinerary of things to do on the "your own time", but would welcome any suggestions from your experience, from this tour. Thanks

Posted by
153 posts

We did the Jewish quarter during our free time. You can buy the tickets to all 4 sites. We were so glad that we saw it! We did not get to Prague early :( but there is so much to see and do. You will do the castle complex with your group and a guide, and will be released at that point so you can go back and look at more if you want to. The Communist museum is great, if you are interested in communist history. (it was created by an american.)

I will tell you that if you are interested in Communism history then you should book the tour of Nowa Huta District early (Krakow Communism tour) One of our tour members really wanted to do that and they were pretty booked. She had to miss our tour activity in order to go. http://www.crazyguides.com Had we had more time in Krakow I would have done that tour as well. But we are Catholic and there is so much to see in Krakow, that we didn't have time. When we go back we will do it.

We did do the Underground Museum in Krakow (it is under the market hall) It is an excavation sight of the old market hall. If you are into archeology, or how they used to live you should consider doing it. You can buy the tickets at the TI on the square and you can skip the line and are guaranteed in. We were amazed by the museum, because it is all excavated, so you feel like you are in the 1500's again.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. We had a great time, but I, like you had a hard time finding information about the tour from previous tour members.