Please sign in to post.

13 day Scotland Tour

Although it’s not listed in the itinerary, I was curious if anyone who has taken the tour recently, could tell me if you go by the Falkirk wheel and the Kelpies. I know you’re very near it on the tour when you go to Stirling Castle. If it’s not one of those extras that they don’t always list, I’m thinking I should book a tour on my day before the tour begins. Any help would be appreciated. I’m heading right to Glasgow from the Edinburgh airport, so I would have to day trip from Glasgow.

Posted by
8372 posts

I would go to Falkirk wheel prior to your tour. You are not far when you are at Stirling Castle and I expect you will get a glimpse of the Kelpies from the road. However, the Falkirk Wheel deserves more than a drive by.

You can take a tour, or you can do this yourself by train. Just take a taxi from the station to the wheel and then back when you are done.

Posted by
86 posts

Took this tour in 2017. We did a short stop at the Kelpies but not the Falkirk Wheel. I think extras like this are at the guide's discretion and interest.

Posted by
135 posts

Thanks, I wondered if that might be the case. I’m trying to decide if I should do that the day the tour starts.

Posted by
2427 posts

We did this tour last year and did not go to the Falkirk Wheel or the Kelpies.