Please sign in to post.

Zurich Hotel

Does anyone have any good hotel recommendations for Zurich. My family(my husband and our two children 11 and 8) and I will be staying there for one night. We have an earlier flight in the morning. I believe it is a 9:30 am flight. We would like to sightsee the day/night before we fly out, but would also like to to be fairly close to the train station to get to the airport.

Posted by
16025 posts

We have stayed in family/quad rooms at Hotel Bristol and Hotel st. Josef. Both are within walking distance of the Zurich main station. Bristol was a bit closer bur St. Josef was closer to the Altstadt where we like to wander and have dinner. The room at Bristol was much larger and brighter; the St. Josef quad room was more crowded, with a double bed that was two twins pushed together, and a pullout sofa double that left little room once it was set up for sleeping. Maybe that was just the luck of the draw. But the Bristol room was a true quad with a large double bed for parents and two real twin beds for the kids, lots of space between, and a nice large bathroom.

Posted by
1419 posts

Just stayed at the Hotel Continental. It is a 5 min walk from the train station, and was a fantastic place. Not a RS recommendation, but gets good reviews on TA. I got a good rate by paying for the room in advance. Not certain they have quad rooms though.

Posted by
977 posts

We recently stayed at the Ibis in Zurich near the airport. The hotel runs a shuttle to and from the airport. Reasonably priced adequate acommodation for one night.

Posted by
32171 posts

M., You might have a look at the Walhalla Hotel, which is located right across from the train station. It's listed in the Guidebook. Happy travels!

Posted by
16025 posts

Walhalla is well located but the website does not indicate any quad or family rooms. It is worth an inquiry.

Posted by
97 posts

We did Hotel Bristol and it fit our needs. Same situation as you, needed a place to crash with two kids that was convenient for a morning flight. The room was large enough for the four of us without feeling squeezed. It is very convenient to the train station.

Posted by
423 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Bristol 5 years ago. It was a very easy walk from the train station over a bridge. To save time, I went back to the train station and purchased my "advanced" train ticket for the next morning to take the train to the airport. That train ride only takes 10 minutes. The check in process is very long at the airport, and I remember that I needed almost all of the 3 hours to get through it.

Posted by
177 posts

I stay at the Renaissance Zurich Hotel which is in between Zurich and the airport right next to the train that links the two places.
You can get pretty good discount rates using one of the bidding sites.