Please sign in to post.

Zermatt skiing in February 2013

Hi, I have been to Zermatt before but was hoping to trade in my snowboard for skis. I'm hoping for a good ski school. Two questions: 1. Is there a place to get discounted lift tickets?
2. My girlfriend doesn't ski but would like to be able to go up on the mountain for food and drinks with me - are there discounted options for lifts to accommodate this? I appreciate any help or suggestions - thanks!

Posted by
12040 posts

"Is there a place to get discounted lift tickets?" I've never seen anything like that sold anywhere in Europe.

Posted by
3095 posts

Maybe some hotels include a lift pass at a reduced price?

Posted by
12040 posts

Some high end hotels may include a mountain pass during winter stays, but you wouldn't save any money staying at these.

Posted by
51 posts

Thanks for all of the replies. I need to look into the discounted lift tickets for non-skiers.

Posted by
144 posts

Jason, go here.
http://www.zermatt.ch/en/index.cfm As with any ski resort in Switzerland, discounts are rare but many ski schools will do lessons/ski ticket and even sometimes rental packages. Go to ski schools and ski hire links on the site and look for those options. Zermatt sadly is never going to be a cheap place to ski. As for a lift ticket just to use the lift you can get one but it acts as your ski ticket too so whether or not your gf goes skiing, it will usually cost the same.

Posted by
3095 posts

I'm thinking there must be an option for a one-ride ticket (as opposed to an all-day pass for skiing). That would work for his wife to meet him for lunch at the restaurant at the top of the lift. I know they do this in summer for hikers and sightseeing But I don't see it on the winter pricing page for the lifts.