Please sign in to post.

Zermatt lodging

My wife and I are planning on spending a couple of nights in Zermatt next May, but EVERY B&B and hotel that I look at has no rooms available. I understand that some may be closed during May but EVERY one? It also irks me that none of the hotels, B&B's has its own website; everything has to be booked through hotels.com, travelocity, etc. What gives?

Posted by
11507 posts

Steven I doubt they are all closed, but since its so far out many will not accept bookings yet .. try again in a few months. May will not be crazy busy so I wouldn't be too worried about booking till November or December.

Posted by
14 posts

Thank you for the replies Pat and Tim. Yesterday I looked at all three websites that you have mentioned which lead to my frustration. Again, there was not one hotel website listed and NONE had availabilty in May. I will check again.

Posted by
11507 posts

Steven, Go to tripadvisor.com Zermatt forums. On righthand sidebar click on Zermatt hotels, the reviews are then listed.I just did this, and as scrolling down the list, and clicking on quite a few hotels , I see most of them do list a link to click on to their hotel websites.
I have booked at least 15 hotels this way .. by finding the listings on ta, but then just going to the actual hotel website and booking directly.

Posted by
14 posts

I should clarify; I only looked at the Tannenhof on the TA website.