Please sign in to post.

Who has the Germany 2011 Book?

I am impatiently waiting on the new edition. Have had it on order at our book store for almost a month now. They said they didn't know when it would be here, but sometime in Dec. Are they out in the states? The RS website said they would be released 23 Nov. but checking just now, it doesn't say "Available" like the other books.

Posted by
23242 posts

It was on sale at the Steves' site. Ordered it last week. We leave on Tuesday for Germany == it better be here by then.

Posted by
571 posts

Jo,
I haven't seen it in my local Borders Books yet, but their website suggests it will be in stock today, December 7, so I intend to visit this evening and see if it is on the shelves.

Posted by
571 posts

Update on previous post: I visited my local bookstore and they still have the 2010 Germany guide. I used to work there, so I asked a friend to check their computers and she confirmed they still haven't received the books even though today was the official release date. I think there must be a delay in publication for the 2011 Germany book. Most of the other countries' 2011 guides were already on the shelves.

Posted by
10344 posts

The most accurate information re the release date would come from directly contacting the Rick Steves folks. We have no inside info here on that.

Posted by
19092 posts

Hey, Frank. If you want, I'll loan you my 2000 version of Rick Steves Germany. I know you already have your accommodations, so you won't need the latest version for that. Other than that, Rothenburg is still where it was in 2000; the must see sights in Munich are still there. You don't need the latest guidebook. I don't want to sound like a heretic. Rick's advise was invaluable to me 10 years ago, but I've found today I can find everything I need on the Internet. Rick's guide books have been relegated to color comentary,

Posted by
1446 posts

Amazon shows it in stock and you can get expedited shipping.

Posted by
934 posts

I just checked Barnes&Noble.com and they have many 2011 books.However they state that the Germany 2011 will be available on Dec.14th.

Posted by
23242 posts

Jo, it just came today. Direct from the home office.