Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Paris

Please I need suggestions on where to stay in Paris on a budget, something clean and not seedy. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Gracias!

Posted by
3580 posts

I like Hotel de Turrenne, near rue Cler. Not the hotel of the same name in the Marais. I've stayed there several times. Rates are reasonable, the public area is large and attractive, and the hotel has been renovated in the last few years. It's a couple of minutes walk from rue Cler or Napoleon's Tomb and handy to bus or metro. There is a laundromat across the street and a BNP Paribas bank also.

Posted by
32206 posts

Isabel, you might try the Grand Hotel Leveque on Rue Cler or the Hotel Duqesne Eiffel (which is in the same area). As I recall, Leveque is a two-star and Duquesne is a three-star Hotel. Both are very comfortable, but you didn't specify what price range you consider "budget". Cheers!

Posted by
9420 posts

Check out Hotel Jeanne D'Arc in the Marais (4th arrondissement). It's a fun and central area of Paris... Also, we stayed at Hotel de L'Avre for 6 wks on one trip and liked it a lot. It gets good ratings on TripAdvisor as well. It's on the border of the 7th and 15th and is right at the Metro Stop: La Motte Picquet-Grenelle...a great metro stop for getting to lots of places easily as 3 lines intersect there...It's only a few long blocks to the Ecole Militaire/rue Cler/Eiffel Tower neighborhood.

Posted by
34 posts

I second the suggestion of an apartment if you're staying more than 2 or 3 days. I've been to Paris twoice and the first time was for 9 days. We stayed in a studio in the 17th district that was wonderful. We found it on a vacation rental site that we found in a guide book called Good Sleeps Paris. http://www.kudeta-home.com/ If you want to feel like you're living in Paris a vacation rental is the way to go. Use a real vacation rental agency though. Unless you actually DO know someone with an apt that's available. Joan

Posted by
9420 posts

I agree with John and Joan...an apartment is a great way to go...we rented 2 apts this this summer through ParisAttitude.com and were happy with them....And I also agree with Joan about the guide "Good Sleeps Paris"...it's a great resource.

Posted by
1068 posts

Cannot recommend l'Hotel Hameau de Passy highly enough. 48 Rue de Passy, just steps from Trocadero. Very clean. Very friendly. Not in the least "seedy" and very affordable. And we love the neighborhood. Hotel's in an adorable location through a little shop arcade, and Passy is "the real neighborhood Paris" that Rick Steves is always talking about. We have stayed there 4 or 5 times now, and plan to go back in November.

Posted by
108 posts

When are you going? I may have to spend a week in Paris this winter and I'm hoping to be able to book this apartment http://www.nyhabitat.com/paris-apartment/vacation/3636 I've stayed in nyhabitat's apartments before so I'm sure it will be perfect. If I go, I hope I can get this one as it looks great and it's located near Notre Dame and the Seine, in the 5th where I need to be. I love to spend a few days in Paris now and then, there is so much to do!