Please sign in to post.

where to stay in Paris

we are a family of 5 traveling w/ one teen next june. We are fit and enjoy museums, dining, parks. We are not party people and do not typically stay out late. Will folks please advise on neighborhoods to stay in, close to public transportation? Better yet, how about a 3 bedroom or larger 2 bedroom/ 2 bath apartment for rent for 10 days. we can afford about $4000 or 2500 Euros.

Thanks, Ron M. from Sacramento

Posted by
9420 posts

Parisattitude.com is a good one too. I'd recommend Arrondissement 1-9. I especially like Arrondissement 4, 5 and 6, with Ile Saint Louis (the little island behind Notre Dame Cathedral) in the 4th being my absolute favorite neighborhood in all of Paris

Posted by
10205 posts

Although the apartment we rented is not large enough for you, the neighborhood is great. We stayed in the 5th (Latin Quarter). I agree that the 4th - 6th would be great. I have stayed in the 7th, but in my opinion it is too far from most sites. We were able to walk to many things and also had very good metro access. That time of year the batobus is running too. That's a fun way to get to sites near the river.

We rented our apartment for 10 days and really appreciated the extra space we had, plus the ability to prepare some of our own food. It saved us a lot of money. Many apartments come with a washer and if you're lucky a dryer too. I found the apartment on vrbo.com.

Posted by
12040 posts

Just so you know, virtually every neighborhood in the inner ring of Paris has easy access to the Metro system. A lot of people seem to enjoy Rue Cler, Latin Quarter and Marais neighborhoods.