Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Munich

I'm going to be in Munich for one day/night in October. Does anyone have a suggestion for inexpensive, convenient, accommodation there? (Going to Kochel Am See after, so I'll still be in the area) Thanks!

Posted by
296 posts

We stayed about 1 block from the train station. A hot breakfast was included and was good. The place had no A/C but it didn't come into play for we never saw the sun in 5 days. June was very cold/rain. I think we paid about $80 per night. Sorry I can't remember the name of the place but ther were two of them. Kind of like sister hotels.

Posted by
12172 posts

I'm big on Pensions in Munich. I've stayed at several. The quality seems to be consistently excellent and they are a great value.

Posted by
691 posts

Pension Lindner, 5 minutes walk for the Marienplatz and Viktualienmarkt, nice place, good breakfast and nice hostess.

Posted by
235 posts

Hotel Max. Clean, cheap, no frills, but with very friendly staff. Near Odeonsplatz, short walk to museums, Englisher, university, etc.

Posted by
21 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Germania. It's about a 1 minute walk across the street from the railroad station. The young ladies at the desk were very friendly, spoke English [INVALID] even helped me "perfect" my German phrases! Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the room was clean and comfortable. There is an elevator if that's one of your criteria. Easy walking distance to Marienplatz and the Hofbrau House.

Posted by
6231 posts

When I first got there, I stayed at the Hotel Uhland, which was very nice, reasonably priced, a pleasant staff, good breakfast, and about 5-6 blocks from the train station. ... When I got back from my driving tour, I stayed at the Hotel Eder, which I picked solely for its location (we were leaving early the next day and I wanted to be near the train station). It was a very pleasant surprise. It was very conveniently located on a quiet, albeit nondescript street one block from the train station, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and it was also reasonably priced. The best thing about this hotel was that their breakfast starts at 7 am, rather than 8 am like most hotels. In fact, they allowed us to eat at 6:30 am, as we had an early train. I think they cater to a lot of airline personnel, as I saw several people eating breakfast with us who were wearing airline uniforms. I would recommend either hotel - http://www.hotel-uhland.de/enwelcome.html - http://www.hotel-eder.de/pages/main-e.html.