Please sign in to post.

Where to go?!

Hi there! I have a general question about suggestions for travel. I have a 10 day window before I head back to medical school. I am 23 and may be traveling alone or with my 21 year old brother. I was hoping to hit as many countries as possible in that little amount of time, and new ones. I am pretty confident traveling, I have already been to cities in Ireland, England, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Austria, Scotland, and Italy. Any suggestions where to go otherwise is that limited amount of time? Must see cities/ countries and how to transport between? Thanks so much! -Emily

Posted by
3387 posts

Have you thought about some of the more eastern countries? Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Montenegro and the Czech Republic come to mind. Great public transport by train in the larger cities but still a little tough in the less developed areas. An adventure to be sure and still relatively inexpensive since you're about to rack up some hefty student loans it sounds like! :) Or just plunk yourself down in Switzerland, hike, and eat cheese - that's what I'm doing this summer. The south of France in Languedoc-Roussillon is also a lovely area with lots of beautiful villages and vineyards to explore. Have fun!

Posted by
32512 posts

this is a duplicate question - there are copies elsewhere