Please sign in to post.

Weather ....

Can any of your travelers just returning tell me what the weather is like, Munich, Garmisch,Grindelwald/Interlaken,Zermatt, Salsburg.... I have been watching weather.com. Never have trusted.... leaving in 5 days.....Thanks

Posted by
36 posts

The perfect temperature as far as I'm concerned..

Posted by
12040 posts

I'm in Oberstdorf right now. The temperature feels like it's below 10° C (at about 9.30 in the morning), and it was rather colder last night. There's a good coating of snow on the peaks. I think it's supposed to warm up a little bit early next week.

Posted by
15560 posts

Gee, Jacque, I really hate to have to break it to you, but the weather in Europe just isn't predictable. I was in Rome and the local forecast at 7 a.m. for the turned out to be wrong more than it was right in February. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. . . Have a great time!

Posted by
3049 posts

It's not predictable but the forecast for Southern Germany is about what Ralph has described. I'd plan on high 50s to low 60s during the day, with the possibility of low 70s if you're lucky. Assume it will rain at some point, I don't think I've ever been to Munich any time of year without getting caught in at least one downpour. Nights have been chilly, down to the low 40s, so keep that in mind, layering is your friend! Most of the people I know swear by wetter.de but i find weather predictions here to be really hit and miss in general.

Posted by
36 posts

Thanks All. I think I'll repack with more layers....