Please sign in to post.

Walking Tours in Paris

I'm looking for nice walking tours in Paris, not too expensive, anyone has some tips about that?

Posted by
308 posts

Hi There,
I've been researching the same thing. Paris-walks.com have a nice variety. There are some "free" tours (I put free in quotes because you really should tip at the end) like http://www.newparistours.com/, but there is really only one free tour.

Posted by
524 posts

Thomas Ditto Paris-Walks.com. Perfect for seeing one of the wonderful neighborhoods. I also suggest you research whether a Chocolate or Foodie type Tour is available when you are in Paris. These are a little more expensive, require reservations, and book up quickly. Really great and much much cheaper than others offered. You can reserve and then confirm when you arrive at your hotel and arrange to pay then. have a great time! Bobbie

Posted by
15582 posts

I took the Paris Walks chocolate tour. Lots of fun and the best dark chocolate in the world. I took another walk that was also good. RS a couple of free walking tours you can download to an mp3 player.

Posted by
2 posts

Last month I was in Paris and I took three tours with Discover Walks and I loved all three. I did the Landmark tour and Notre Dame tour, but my favorite was their Montmartre walk. The guides were the best, real Parisians - young and not too lecture types. The tours are 'free' you just tip what you want at the end. You can check them out at www.discoverwalks.com that is where i found them.

Posted by
1034 posts

Paris Greeters is a free walk service, no tips accepted but a donation online to the organization is appreciated. We did this in July 2010 and it was one of the best things we did in France. BUT it's not an overview tour of Paris highlights. It's a very personal tour of something the volunteer guide knows well and thinks you might appreciate based on your online request. Check out the website. Requires advance planning and a few emails and they do not appreciate being stood up since the tour is designed with your interests in mind and the guide sets aside personal time to meet with you. The guides are often retired French professionals. Very cool but not designed as a spontaneous activity. We saw a part of Paris we NEVER would have seen otherwise and loved it. If you're a planner and a back door fan, this is for you.