Please sign in to post.

Walking In Paris

I want to be comfortable but also stylish when walking around Paris in January. Any advice from seasoned travelers. Are riding boots a good choice?

Posted by
1170 posts

No, regular riding boots are a poor choice. You will be very uncomfortable and probably end up with blisters. There will be a lot of walking involved in Paris. I know these are not as stylish as I know you are probably thinking, but I have always worn Clarks shoes while traveling abroad. I find them even more comfortable than athletic shoes. They have plenty of women's boots to choose from. http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/categories/womens/boots

Posted by
1068 posts

Not to put too fine a point on it, but riding boots are a horrible choice. Why do I know that? Because I tried a riding-style boot one year! Worst problem was the slippy flat leather soles on icy cobbles. BAD idea. The shoe forum (previous poster gave you a liink) is a great place for ideas on comfy, practical, sturdy shoes... but you won't get much fashion advice here. ;-)

Posted by
5678 posts

Sadly, Paris touring and stylish shoes are not a good mix. When I last visited Paris I tried for style and oh did I get blisters. If you are traveling in summer look for some sandals that are good for walking and have a bit of style. If you traveling in a cooler time of year you can sacrifice packing light and bring something nice for dinner. Realistically I found that I didn't always get back to my room before evening events. Pam