Please sign in to post.

Vienna

I am planning on going to Vienna this summer (in July) are there any suggestions on what the best place to stay would be? Any favorite places to visit while there?

Posted by
4637 posts

Very good place to stay is Pension Nossek right on Graben. Reasonable price, nice big room and view of Graben. The other part of your question is already answered on this thread in Vienna must see.

Posted by
284 posts

As far as a place to stay, I like the Pensin Suzanne: http://www.pension-suzanne.at/english/preise.htm It is next to the state opera, metro, and tram lines. Very convenient and excellent location. Sites are very dependent on your taste. If you have a barnes & noble, or another book store that has a good selection of travel books, visit them and spend a few minutes to peruse several and get an idea of what the most popular sites are. Once you have a good idea on the sites, then spend a little time using the internet to hone it down to what you will enjoy. Another approach is to leave a few days open and just pick up the local attractions booklet and play it by ear with some roaming around to get lost and see what pleasant surprises you find. Edwin

Posted by
262 posts

If you want to splurge, I suggest Hollmann-Beletage. Try priceline and then ask the hotel if they can meet the price. They did for us! It is a block or two from St. Stephens church. It is across the street for a great market/grocery store and many other shops. The hotel is a boutique hotel with about 25 rooms.A true find! A beautiful sit down breakfast is included and out of this world.
You will be treated like royalty! I cannot wait to return! Happy Travels!!!