Please sign in to post.

Versailles

I am planning a trip to Versailles this July and am trying to decide between taking a tour though Fat Tire or just doing it myself. I have done this tour once before, so I would prefer to save the money and see it on my own time. However, I enjoyed their "skip the line" option and was wondering if there is a pass I can purchase to do this on my own? We won't be seeing many of the other museums in Paris (like d'Orsay), but would like to see the Conciergerie, the catacombs, the Louvre and Notre Dame. Thank you so much!
Nicole

Posted by
11507 posts

I have done the FT tour there too, its fun, but you don't get as much time as I would like, I was with a friend who thought it was though. So, if you are like me do it on your own,, spend the day. Absolutely no need to use a tour to skip line, here are two great options. Purchase a 2 day museum pass, use it for Orsay, Louvre on one day , and then for Versailles on second.
Versailles alone is 18 euros, and the two museums will total over 20 , so you will at least be breaking even, perhaps ahead a euro or two . Or, simply purchase a ticket for Versailles online ahead of time.

Posted by
719 posts

I second Pat's suggestions. Skip the FT, and get a Paris Museaum pass.

Posted by
719 posts

I almost forgot. Raid the markets in Paris before you leave, and get some bread, cheese, prosciutto, wine, fruit and head to Versailles. Find a cush spot near Marie Antoinette's Hamlet and enjoy a great picnic. Since I recommend spending most of your day in Versailles, this will save you quite a bit of cash over Versailles' cafes.