Please sign in to post.

Vaux le Vicomte

Has anyone been to the Chateau on a summer night when it is lite by candlelight? Is it difficult to get to by train?
Thank you for your replys

Posted by
2023 posts

While I have not been to Vaux le Compte in the summer I have to say it is not easy regarding getting there by train. There is a shuttle between Fountainbleau and VLC that runs during the summer and until very early October. We were there in mid October and had to take a taxi. You can take a train to Melun and then transfer to a bus that takes you to Fountainbleau. Vaux is out in the countryside. Both are well worth a visit but Vaux is probably more interesting. Taxi is expensive.

Posted by
9422 posts

We haven't been there at night, but I'm sure it's wonderful. If you've never been before, I would recommend going in the daylight for the first time because you will see so much more. We absolutely love Vaux le Vicomte! It is amazing, beautiful and interesting. There's so much to see and it's all done really well. We've been there twice in the summer and it was almost deserted both times. They have a great cafe for a good lunch and a fun gift shop. We didn't find it difficult to get to at all, just follow Rick's directions. The train ride was easy, and we shared a taxi with other Americans going there as well. We didn't share a taxi going back to the train station nor the second time we went, but it wasn't that expensive as I recall and it was very, very worthwhile.