Please sign in to post.

under $100 Paris hotel for solo female traveler?

I'm planning to be in Paris for 2 or 3 nights in late September. I don't need American-style accommodations -- shabby is fine, and I can converse passably well in French, so a B&B is definitely an option. I just want a private room that's clean, quiet, and in a safe/relatively convenient location, for less than $100 a night. Ideally, I'd like to get it down to $75 or $80, although I know that's asking a lot. Any suggestions?

Posted by
8 posts

Hi! My husband and I stayed in a small hotel (B&B) in Paris a few years ago, called the Hotel Champ du Mars. It was just south of the park near the Ef. Tower,in a great location, around the corner from a wonderful outdoor market(Rue Cler). It was very handy for hopping on the Batoux Bus (boat transp. on the Seine)to get around town, also the Metro or walking. The hotel was very affordable, simple room and clean. Nice breakfast room, and very helpful owners. Definitely worth a call on current rate.
Have fun!
Kathy

Posted by
3551 posts

I stay at Hotel Kensington( in Ricks guidebk) just around the corner from Rue Cler area. the website makes it look drab but it it not and is a good value with elevator and skip optional brfast,2 blocks from metro and Eiffel Tower.

Posted by
6 posts

The two recommedations above are good ones. Plus, you might check out www.bed-and-breakfast-in-paris.com It's been recoemmended by several travelers posting on Rick's site.

Also, Rick's site mentions youth hostels if you're into that.

Posted by
123 posts

I've stayed at Hotel Champ du Mars (traveling solo) before and enjoyed my stay there. It's a lovely, small hotel in Rue Cler, which is a safe place for travelers. It's close to Metro, Musee Rodin, Eiffel Tower, etc. Book soon, as it fills up fast.

Posted by
9 posts

Just stayed solo at the H. Champs de Mars and while I second that it is a lovely hotel, 1) It's a little more than $100/night. 2) I felt like it wasn't as convenient a location. It was GREAT for ending my evening at the Eiffel Tower, but the area closes up early, compared to the Latin Qu. And although the Ecole Militare metro stop is close, it's only one line so I found myself having to change trains a lot (which needlessly sucks up time) or wandering trying to find the busstops to take me back home. I stayed 3 nights and wish I had been more centrally located.

Posted by
12 posts

Another vote for Hotel Champs du Mars! It's so cute and the owners are very kind. It's also a great location. I stayed there last summer and if I ever go back to Paris, I'll stay there again!

Posted by
2030 posts

I agree with Nicole above. Rue Cler is charming and safe, and a sort of upscale neighborhood, and being close to the Eiffel Tower is definitely a plus. But I discovered the Hotel Tiquetonne (on rue Tiquetonne) on my last trip. I did not stay there but in an apartment across the street from it. They are very reasonable, 60 - 80 Euros. I believe you can find them on Trip Advisor and other hotel sites, but they do not have a direct website. To book you have to call them. On another topic someone said they did call and they (the hotel) spoke enough English to make the reservation. Posters all over the internet rave about this place. Also it is in a great, safe & lively location with many, many store, clubs, restaurants. close to the metro, a pedestrian street with shops as good as Rue Cler -- easy walk to the Louvre. Might not be the quietest place, but if you are up for excitement and action -- check it out!

Posted by
2030 posts

Clarification to above post. the Hotel Tiquetonne is on the right bank, in the 2nd Arrondissment.

Posted by
576 posts

I second the recommedation for the Tiquetonne. We stayed there when we couldn't get into The Champs du Mars where we'd previously stayed. The Champs du Mars is much more expensive and books up FAR in advance. The Tiquetonne is a great value and the experience was far more authentic. The neighborhood is filled with lively, inexpensive restaurants. It's not quiet, but a place I'd feel very comfortable walking at night if I were a solo female traveler.